Id For Domestic Flight From Davao To Manila

callippo
Posted
Posted

nobody has asked for any passport.

This so very true and YET it is a requirement to carry it at all times. but then.........................

I thought that it wasn't a requirement to carry your passport at all times here as a foreigner unlike in Thailand. There and in Malaysia, if you get stopped by the police, they ask for your passport and you cannot produce it (or at least a copy), you are in trouble. Here they never even ask for it. ID yes. Passport, no.

Unless you have been issued with an ACR-I Card - and it is within its validity - as "visitors" you need to carry your Passport with you at all times.

When this came up on he Thai forums people were able to post the specific Thai regulation or law that stipulated that this is the case and that foreigners do have to carry their passports at all times. I could be wrong but I don't think any similar Filipino law exists. It would be great if somebody could find and post here the Filipino law that says yes, it is requirement for foreigners to carry a passport or ACR-1 card at all times. All I know is that every time I was stopped by the police in Thailand I was asked for my passport and they also always examined it closely too, by looking at the stamps - they didn't just use it to check ID. Here I never have been asked for a passport despite having stopped maybe a dozen times at roadbkocks. Never not once.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

But it would not have happened here now would it? You cant get in to say goodbye to a Friend never mind Fly out!

Yes, it could happen here. Last November, our niece and her daughter, both without tickets, brought our mother into the airport check in for Cebu Pacific at T3. Two days before that, they both came into the airport to pick her up from us. There are many people sleeping all along the walls on both floors in T1 and T3, maybe T2 as well. I think they live there.

I am surprised that those 3 instances happended in the USA with all that security not just once but a few times goes to show that nothing is 100% secure and anything is possible.

NAIA Terminal 3 has a greeting area for arrivals so those without tickets can greet family arriving inside the terminal. The terminal was designed that way. If you arrive on a flight at terminal 3 just before you depart the secure area look up. There is a second story balcony where greeters can wait and look for whoever they are meeting.

callippo
Posted
Posted

I took a flight from Mactan to T3 Manila earlier today the initial point in at domestic departures, there is no security at all and anybody can use the shops there. When you go into the bit just before the first scanner machines you have to show your ticket, but that's all you don't have to show ID. You only have to show ID at check in and it doesn't have to be a passport.

But most airports yes you do have to show a ticket before you are allowed into the building In NAIA you definitely do. T3 and Mactan are exceptions.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

Having been a smoker until very recently I found that most airports I flew through in my flights to/from the Philippines did not require an ID to enter the airport. They only required ID to enter the secure area. That was from the quick exit/entrance to grab a smoke outside if there was enough time between flights for those airports which do not have smoking areas inside the secure area.

FYI, I quit smoking 5 months ago. Cold turkey with no replacement. I had been smoking less than 10 sticks a day for the last 4 years. Still it was hard to quit. I still consider myself a smoker. Just one who hasn't smoked in 5 months. I still get the urges from time to time.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 1