Strange Experience At Immigration

tothevictor
Posted
Posted

Just went to the BOI office with all paperwork and fee etc in order to extend my tourist visa from 12-14 months.  Was given my passport back (they kept paperwork) and told that my last extension was not enabled in the system and they had to contact Manila to get my visa approved.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  I'm mildly concerned as I've been here for quite some time and never had the issue before.

• Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Hmm. That's a little weird. Did you pay for your last extension at the counter? Or did you ask one of the nice fixers to go pay it for you? Might just be a clerical error/oversight. I dont think you have too much to worry about. Worst case, you have to pay the last extension again and a modest penalty. That would suck, but dont be surprised if you're asked to do so.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Well it would have been entered in your passport right? How about the receipt?

Let us know what happens.

• Like 1

tothevictor
Posted
Posted

I've got all my documentation, including full receipts from every extension I've done and yep, I've got the sticker in my passport.  I'll be heading back in as soon as they open tomorrow morning to hopefully get to the bottom of things, will update the thread after the experience.  It seems weird because every other time I've gone through it it has been really quick with no issues.  It's also the same guy who issued my last one...  

• Like 1

tothevictor
Posted
Posted

Hmm. That's a little weird. Did you pay for your last extension at the counter? Or did you ask one of the nice fixers to go pay it for you? Might just be a clerical error/oversight. I dont think you have too much to worry about. Worst case, you have to pay the last extension again and a modest penalty. That would suck, but dont be surprised if you're asked to do so.

Nope, no fixers.  Why would you bother,  it's easy enough just to do it yourself.  Hopefully it's a clerical error and it doesn't turn into too much  of a financial headache, I guess if they decided to extract another two month extension fee from me I'd just have to cop it, which would be annoying.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hopefully it's a clerical error and it doesn't turn into too much  of a financial headache, I guess if they decided to extract another two month extension fee from me I'd just have to cop it, which would be annoying.

As you said, you have your stamp and receipt so most likely tomorrow will be the end of it. 

will update the thread after the experience

No internet first night in jail.  :lol:  Sorry couldn't help myself.   :)

Just to add, is there a reason you only do two month extensions ?

• Like 1

tothevictor
Posted
Posted

No internet first night in jail.  :lol:  Sorry couldn't help myself.   :)

Just to add, is there a reason you only do two month extensions ?

I didn't even need to look at the flag to work out you were an Aussie :D  Onya mate. :P

• Like 2

tothevictor
Posted
Posted

Reason for two month extensions is that the sixers are only available in Cebu and Manila and I'm usually elsewhere.

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Reason for two month extensions is that the sixers are only available in Cebu and Manila and I'm usually elsewhere.

Don't forget Davao!

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Good to know for my near future. 

• Like 1