Strange Experience At Immigration

tothevictor
Posted
Posted

Okay, I've just come back from the satellite office.  All fine, they made a call to Manila which took about 10 minutes (not sure why that could not have just happened yesterday) then something got updated in the system at the Manila end and they processed my visa.  

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Okay, I've just come back from the satellite office.

AH WELL! that says it all. Dumaguete have a problem at this time of year with it being Reporting time. December is a Very Short Month for the BOI and if they miss the Cut of time for the reports to be Transmitted to Manila then yes I can Understand the hiccup you have Suffered.

A lot of Satellite Offices have only this year gone into the main Frame computer System, many problems were realised in this. ie; All Dumaguete 13a Reporters had to go to CEBU as none of them were Listed for a period of 5, Yes FIVE Years. I doubt you will have any Further problems until October when the ARP Amnesty Finishes, then I think we will all have a Problem or two but glad to hear you have got Sorted. 

Morning all.

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

• Like 1

tothevictor
Posted
Posted

Okay, I've just come back from the satellite office.

AH WELL! that says it all. Dumaguete have a problem at this time of year with it being Reporting time. December is a Very Short Month for the BOI and if they miss the Cut of time for the reports to be Transmitted to Manila then yes I can Understand the hiccup you have Suffered.

A lot of Satellite Offices have only this year gone into the main Frame computer System, many problems were realised in this. ie; All Dumaguete 13a Reporters had to go to CEBU as none of them were Listed for a period of 5, Yes FIVE Years. I doubt you will have any Further problems until October when the ARP Amnesty Finishes, then I think we will all have a Problem or two but glad to hear you have got Sorted. 

Yeah it seems like there is a disconnect between some of the satellite offices and the main system generally.  I've done renewals at a number of different smaller offices and they seldom go completely smoothly.  I was thinking about just biting the bullet and either taking a bus to Manila or a flight to Cebu and apply for a six month visa next round, anyone have any experience with this?  Is it as quick and simple as the 2 month?  I.e. do I turn up at immigration in Manila with cash in hand and the normal visa extension form and just put six months instead of two?  

Would appreciate any feedback or thoughts on this because twice a year seems a whole lot easier than six times a year to me!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Would appreciate any feedback or thoughts on this because twice a year seems a whole lot easier than six times a year to me!

Personally I can't say one way or the Other, I have never looked into it as we are told Dumaguete are not going to the 6 monthly anywhere in the near Future, I find this Odd as it is one office that should, we are attracting many more ex-pats here in Dumaguete and at the last count, apparently it was over 4.000, with a Small BOI Office and just 3 Staff, what with that and the ARP looming up I just don't see the sense in the 2 months renewal remaining, where it is clearly Obvious (To Us) that there is going to big a Big Problem Come September. But My friend who are we? No doubt there are others that have the information you require and I hope they will post the experience in due course. 

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1