Big Cc Motorcycles

jon1
Posted
Posted

It's 400cc + for all of the Expressways....

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Hi to the OP, will try add a little how ever my good friend Barry has covered the issue well. I have a 1200 XT S10 plus a TTR for trail riding and a little serow for around town and light trail riding. 

Have covered the country as has Barry on several occasions. My first comment would be how much experience have you riding in SEA.....regardless of how long you have ridden at home if your experience here is limited it may well be prudent to begin with a smaller bike. 

Recently I assisted my friend to buy a husk terra which may suit your purposes. Value for money outstanding as an ex demo can be had for as little as under P300K.  Excellent ADV bike for a low price..

Regarding groups, well I have ridden with them and would say for myself its preferable to ride with friends or alone. Most groups here are more concerned with the glamour and glitz rather than the joy of riding, each to their own of course, just not my style.

One final point is if you decide to go big be sure to fit a Garmin. Locals have a problem to calculate the closing speed of a moving vehicle. A few times at a reasonable speed have encountered a local coming out of a side street, on the rare occasion they check for on coming traffic they just cannot compute how fast your closing, and away they they go. Fit RG and OSM, I never ride the S 10 without it.

Safe riding and regards  Bruce

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Here in Dumaguete, Our two Highways (North and South) are congested with, Scooters, small engine Motorbikes, Push Bikes herds of Whatever, when it suit's people Over the big Island I guess they have what I would call a Highway, 2/3 lane, one up one down Lanes, as we would know them But........... here it seems anything goes Until......... That accident, then and only then are things Questioned.

This congestion is not only around Duma but common all the way north to Victorias. We went to Victorias the other day, 59 km took 2.5 hours. Market day in Sumag and Hinagaran is on the highway. Starting Feb 15, in Bacolod, they banned street parking on Lacson and Arenata from 6 AM until 8 PM. Yesterday, on Lacson alone, I saw at least 50 vehicles parked on the sidewalk. The smaller cars were 100% on the sidewalk while the SUVs had one side in the gutter and the other 3/4 on the sidewalk. Now the people are walking on the street as the sidewalks are blocked. Traffic congestion continues. The bylaw stated no street parking, nothing about sidewalk parking.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

You can't fix stupid.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
canadamale
Posted
Posted

Hahaha, you cannot fix stupid, my grandson and mine fave saying this month, so am i correct in believing if  I purchase the honda tmz 155cc bike i am considering i will not be legal to ride on the expressway????, i plan on living in the manila hills area montalban rizal, but will be traveling all over luxon

jon1
Posted
Posted

Yes you are correct. You cannot drive the 155cc bike on the NLEX, SCTEX, TPLEX, SLEX or STAR. These are all toll roads that take you from Baguio to Batangas. So that means you will end up using the national highway system (2 lanes mostly) and usually congested with jeeps, buses, trikes and pedestrians.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I cautiously suggest that whilst you need more than 400cc for the expressways, you really don't need a big, heavy, bike for the rest of the time, because you are bound to be "off road" sooner or later... 

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info guys, i have road bikes since i was 14, the last 17 years mostly Harleys in Canada, of course, and I was looking forward to riding a light little bike, so much easier to control on rough roads and slow riding in all the traffic. Although I think there are some great Japanese bikes in the 400cc to 600cc or a 500cc Royal Enfield from India would be nice if they are availible here. I would still buy the little honda too and keep the large bike for longer road trips. All of this is still in the dreaming stages, should be back in PH in 23 days yahoo

• Like 1