Scoot Airlines

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Just had a very unpleasant experience with this airline.  Went online to book flights for gf and self from Gold Coast Austalia  to Manila, they were on promo.

$722 for both of us one way, as soon as I made payment and pushed the magic payment button, I realised I had put in May instead of April.

Got onto Scoot immediately and told them what had happened and asked for the change to April.  Sorry cannot do!!!  Pleaded for common sense, but alas not very common.  You would have thought I was talking to a robot.

Message everyone, be careful, I have now ripped up the money.  Looked at the sharp knife in the kitchen but decided  I am a coward.  They may wait a rather long time before they get my money again.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

$722 for both of us one way,

Can I ask why One way? You show as you are living  in Thailand, I doubt you have been able to board in Australia with out that must, onward/return Ticket, as I am sure you will or should be aware that anyone who will enter on a Passport has to have an Onward ticket.

Just an Observation on this, You may well have lost the Ticket now and have to re book, but please double check that you have the right ticket before attempting to Fly with out. I don't remember you saying you were a permanent resident of the PI which of course Would make a Difference.

Don't mean to be nosy and/or pompous but.................

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Got onto Scoot immediately and told them what had happened and asked for the change to April.  Sorry cannot do!!!  Pleaded for common sense, but alas not very common.

Maybe the promo did not cover April? 

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Got onto Scoot immediately and told them what had happened and asked for the change to April.  Sorry cannot do!!!

If you used a credit card (not a debit card) you may be able to dispute the charge and get your money back.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

It was a one way as I am coming back to Manila, we are still living in Pattaya Thailand. Going to Manila for gf to see family.

Checked my credit card and the amount already taken from my funds.  They know all the tricks I am afraid.  It was a promo fare in 

conjunction with Tiger air, but would not have mattered, Scoot just does not give refunds full stop.  I asked for just their leg of the 

flight (most expensive leg) and then would have rebooked Singapore to Manila.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This may help.  From the Mastercard web site:

If you become dissatisfied with a product you purchase using your eligible MasterCard card within 60 days of purchase, and the store will not accept a return, you may be eligible for a refund for the cost of the product up 
to $250.

It may not be all of your money but you can get some back.  Read more here:  http://www.mastercard.us/card-benefits/index.html

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It was a one way as I am coming back to Manila, we are still living in Pattaya Thailand. Going to Manila for gf to see family.

Yes I understand that, of course your GF can do as she likes she is a national but you will be Entering the PI even if it is a Return to the PI you will still need to have an Onward Ticket.

When we do a Visa Run it is a 2 ticket Job, a return fare to say HK then on reentry to the PI we have to have that throw away ticket. This was my meaning

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If you used a credit card (not a debit card)

Not strictly true Earth, a Visa or Master Card  issued Debit card has the same safety net if issued abroad, see DH's link for full details

.http://www.mastercar...fits/index.html

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So you have an onward ticket out of the Philippines already? 

• Like 1