Filipino Wives Have High Marriage Valuesy

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Surveys and statistics are always skewed to make a point by the surveyor. I thin

It all comes down to knowing how to pick a wife. What values you want in a wife.

If you want a young submissive wife then you are in danger of a bad marriage.

I would never compare a Thai with a Filipina since I've only been to Thailand to visit my cousin. He is happily married to a Thai woman for over 10 years now. I'm on my 4th year of happiness with my Filipina.

I think we are all sensible enough to understand that there are good and bad in both countries so far as partners go.  I was quoting from a researched source from womens' responses.  Add  my experience and those of many other  expats, generally speaking, the evidence supports the findings in the main, I believe.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Surveys and statistics are always skewed to make a point by the surveyor. 

"There are Statistics and Statistics and then, there are damned Lies"  :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Former President Ramos has a daughter married to an American, though he kept pretty quiet about this when he was President.

I doubt if a Thai Prime Minister could be elected if he had a daughter married to a farang.

I think that the Philippines is somewhat more tolerant of its women taking up with foreigners, but there are still reservations.

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just as a mental exercise, I counted down my sisters in law: They are all daughters of a rice farming couple in Mindanao:

One, the eldest, married at 14, (that was legal then) and she is now in her late forties. She s is settled with husband no..3 who, happens to be English like me. Five kids in all, two from no.1, two from no.2.. One may hazard a guess that the very early marriage was the sort of mistake that young parents make, and that she was hustled into it, but it is never discussed.

One married a farmer, three children, nothing to report.

One is a widowed schoolteacher with three kids; she is a model of correct behaviour and a very nice woman indeed. Not interested in marrying again; devoted to her children and to the memory of her late husband.

One, the official beauty of the family, led a racketty life working in KTV joints and then as the mistress of a policeman, but now settled down with a
farmer.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

One, the official beauty of the family, led a racketty life working in KTV joints

:rolleyes: I Read somewhere, that Arrogant Teenagers and Wayward Adolescents actually turn out better in Later Life than the upstanding good grade Swats, Whose butter, wouldn't melt in their mouths, how true? I am not sure, this may not be so for all but it seems to be true of my 3 eldest, this one (15) is at the arrogant stage so I am ignoring the Fact and see what happens over the next hurdle time. 18 I guess  :unsure:

• Like 3

callippo
Posted
Posted

That iar, I have always believed there were more women than men.  do you quote from informed sources?

There are more women than men in total, but not in the younger age groups.

There are roughly 6% more male than female births. This means that in the Philippines for every 100,000 female births there are roughly 106,000 female ones. Male death rates are higher in every age group but the numbers don't balance until on average around the age of 40. By age 90, women massively outnumber men.

You might think the 10% difference in OFW numbers corrects the normal sex ratio, and it does a little. However the average age of female OFW's is lower than male.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are roughly 6% more male than female births.

Can I ask where you are getting these statistics from? it certainly is not like this in the provinces, Negros Oriental has a larger % female Birth rate than the 6 % you Quote. In our Barangay alone, last year. we had 120 Births, 70 Female and 50 male. Now I am not one for the % game at all and could never Trust any NSO Statistics if this where you are getting them From. It is a well known Fact that Many Many births are never Recorded  or only recorded when someone wants an NSO BC and the Phils has one of the Biggest late reporting register that I have ever heard of.

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

callippo
Posted
Posted

It is a biological fact and applies to all humans in every part of the world. In some places such as India and China the male birth rate is even higher as girls are much more often aborted

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

The student of sociology and social work in me is waiting for the references guys.  I know them, just want to see if you're talking opinion or fact. 

Stereotyping is bad, personal experiences are valid however.

<waiting for a diatribe>

• Like 3

callippo
Posted
Posted

The student of sociology and social work in me is waiting for the references guys.  I know them, just want to see if you're talking opinion or fact. 

Stereotyping is bad, personal experiences are valid however.

<waiting for a diatribe>

You might try taking a basic lesson in demographics, where it is all about birth rates and death rates and to a lesser extent other factors. Should you take the trouble to google it, doubtless more will be revealed.

• Like 1