House Needed In May

parso81
Posted
Posted

Hello Expats, 

My name is Ben, and I currently live in Vietnam, however I'm thinking about taking a job in Cebu starting in May and moving over with my Filipina wife and 2 kids. So, we're starting to look at housing options. Can anyone help me with this, or point me in the direction of a good agent?

Also, is it possible (like Vietnam) to get at least a 2 bedroom house with a little courtyard or something for around 400-500usd a month?

Any help would be great. 

Cheers, 

Ben

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Hello Expats, 

My name is Ben, and I currently live in Vietnam, however I'm thinking about taking a job in Cebu starting in May and moving over with my Filipina wife and 2 kids. So, we're starting to look at housing options. Can anyone help me with this, or point me in the direction of a good agent?

Also, is it possible (like Vietnam) to get at least a 2 bedroom house with a little courtyard or something for around 400-500usd a month?

Any help would be great. 

Cheers, 

Ben

Hi Ben,

I am in Thailand but from what I have seen and read on this forum that should beh, no problem, maybe not right in the City though but

perhaps that would more suit you with 2 kids.  good luck with the new job and residence.  Other members can be more explicit no doubt.

Hesalright
Posted
Posted

Hi Ben

Can I ask where exactly in Cebu is your Job?

Is it in Cebu city?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I kinda doubt it but I could be wrong. It depends on what kind of living conditions you are willing to live with. Better to take some time to shop around. Many require 2 months rent in advance plus a security deposit equal to a month's rent. Some even require a 12 months of post dated checks in advance.

Take your time. Good Luck