Three Foreigners Shot, One Fatally, In Talisay City

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Not putting blame on anyone but wonder if this killing would have happened if Millard’s partner had of said nothing. Most likely the foreigners would not have understood what ever the snide remark was and if she had of just let it go I suspect this would not be news today. The two who confronted the Filipinos also should have said nothing but probably all had been for a night out and were feeling bigger than normal.

One innocent man is dead over someone making fun of another person. To me the lesson is think before you act. 

• Like 3

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Not much of all the advice offered here would have helped the German. Poor guy was definitely wrong place wrong time. Sucks he was targeted just for being an obvious foreigner.

Seems so many people get upset at the littlest of things. I accidentally stepped in fresh cement one day. Workers jumped up and said something about me being a stupid kano according to wife's translation. My response was "You guys were waiting for a stupid kano to step in it weren't you"? Look of anger was gone and smiles appeared.

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted

1. Don't ever get into a public altercation with a Filipino.

Or with anyone, anywhere in the world at 4 in the morning.

Yes.  But HUGE difference between

fistfights

and knife or gun.

The frequense of the later is MUCH different in different countries...    

(E g in Sweden FISTFIGHTS are COMMON,

but SHOOTING have happened some among criminals, but guning down several visitors and a guard, because not leting them in in the establishement, is so UNCOMMON here  it was shown AGAIN recently in a TV program ONLY about that, although it happened over 10 years ago...)

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The mistake these cowardly murderers made was not only killing a completely innocent person but one who was extremely well-known and respected as a volunteer after the Yolanda disaster. The pursuit and press coverage of these criminals is unprecedented for the murder of a foreigner, at least in the time I've been here. They now have 4 of the 6 arrested. I hope the media coverage continues throughout the long judicial process.

In kind of a turnaround it was discovered one of the wounded victims, Malliard, had an outstanding bench warrant filed 3 years ago by his ex-wife in Siquijor. He had no idea. The police saw the coverage and called Talisay. He was locked up pending p24k bail which he couldn't post in time so he spent the night as a guest in the Talisay jail. Still, damn lucky to be alive.

• Like 1