Advertising Products In The Philippines.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Wonder if anyone out there has been through our recent experiences.

Decided to sell two of of our motorcycles, thought try first with ALX and Motor Cycle Philippines, both of which I am registered but never used.

This has been a very trying and learning experience, fortunately I had the fore site to use my GFs fone number. 

I can just say this is truly an unbelievable experience. From day one her fone was hot as we priced the bikes competitively and gave a detailed accurate description plus many pics...

Many people requested..........  Where is bike located.  ....It sates very clearly in add.... location.

All would start off what is the cash price, discount......without even seeing it.

Several callers from manila........yes I shall buy it please bring to manila.

Two guys stated yes I shall buy it, in a rush will be there tomorrow and pay by my personal cheque.....

Dozens requested send me more pics.......The add has 4 pics very clear

Heaps saying yes its sold I come early in the morning to buy....nobody ever turned up.

Some of the more stu...opps....crazy unbelievable requests I will not post as people will think I am the nutter.....

An amazing eye opener which I can only laugh about now even though we still have the bikes...

Anybody out there with similar experiences?

(Mods please move this if in wrong post)

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Your callers must have been from the 1% uneducated group. No, really, this is typical as they do not pay attention or listen to your order, or read to understand. I ask for coffee with no cream, no sugar and no spoon but always get it with 2 sugars, 2 creamers, and a spoon. I ask for a burger with no mayo but always get it slopped with mayo.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Your callers must have been from the 1% uneducated group. No, really, this is typical as they do not pay attention or listen to your order, or read to understand. I ask for coffee with no cream, no sugar and no spoon but always get it with 2 sugars, 2 creamers, and a spoon. I ask for a burger with no mayo but always get it slopped with mayo.

Had to laugh few moments ago when another called, GF answered, please go back read the add properly and call me back. She has extreme patience but broke at last. Found it very amusing.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

We have sold some items in Cebu when we lived there through Cebu Classified ..... and yea it can be very interesting .... we sold a TV and some furniture and as we didn't want people to come inside the apart. we left the items (not all at once) in the lobby with the guard (we promised to give him p100 if he watched the items) .... there was electric and a TV connection there so they could see it when the guard came and got us ..... we had to remove the items at night to keep someone from sleeping on the couch ..... but that is another story .... :rolleyes:  .... anyway some people wanted to buy on time (no way) and one wanted to take it home to see if the couch would fit in her living room ..... yea right .... but we did manage to sell them all except the aircon which we traded for work and the fridge which we donated to a worth cause .... J did all the adds and inquiries and I told her she could have 1/2 of what ever she sold them for so you can bet your arse there was no  pananawad ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Had to laugh few moments ago when another called, GF answered, please go back read the add properly and call me back.

That's a great response. Have you considered advertising on the forum?

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Had to laugh few moments ago when another called, GF answered, please go back read the add properly and call me back.

Hmmm... Advertise on the forum... What city did you say again? Can I take the bike home to see if it fits in my sala? Will you take a hand-made cheque for half the asking price?

:D

Edited by i am bob
Dorking... darn dork check, I said s p e l l I n g !

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

and yea it can be very interesting ....

Not  just selling stuff but Advertising in General can bring tears to your eyes, We Advertised for a Gardner/ handy person at our old Place.

All Round Gardner Handy Person Required ( trying to be politically correct) must be good at Lawn Edging Trimming, Dressing  and able to Sow from Seed.  salary and conditions dependent on experience but in keeping with Local rates.

We had a Lady about 45 turn up and asked what make of Sewing machine we had.  :no:  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

Morning All.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

When reading advertisements I get very frustrated as they never contain all the pertinent information I need to make a decision, so I must phone or email to ask questions before going to see the item.

When posting advertisements I have learned not to include all the pertinent information because people never seem to read beyond the first statement and seem to get confused if there is more than one fact in that statement.  Eg:

2013 Honda for sale.  40,000 pesos and only 10,000 km of use.

Now, guess how many will call you for your "10,000 peso" Honda.

One last point.  People have learned to never believe what they read in vehicle classified ads in Philippines as all the best looking ads are out and out lies.  Thus make your ad look overpriced and someone will enjoy bargaining with you.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Yes Mike will do, was even more funny today. Guy whom was a OFW called and spoke to GF for ages, said yes he will defiantly take the little serow for his son. He would be down today from Cebu with cash no problem, begged us to hold it. As a OFW thought be good chance, he rang again at 11am said if we don't mind he knows a guy near us whom will pop over have quick look. No worries, we will wait an hour as going out, he be at our place in 20 minutes check and the purchaser will proceed to boat with cash.

Ha....an hour later we gave up an headed up to Canlaon, he calls, oh so very sorry my friend was eating lunch and as very hungry had no time to visit. Also I am leaving Monday for abroad....so sorry.......Ha Ha.

But wait for it, another from Southern Leyte wanted to pay P10k deposit today Saturday to our bank! to hold bike, he has the P97K and gona be here early Monday!!!! wow!!!

RBM
Posted
Posted

When reading advertisements I get very frustrated as they never contain all the pertinent information I need to make a decision, so I must phone or email to ask questions before going to see the item.

When posting advertisements I have learned not to include all the pertinent information because people never seem to read beyond the first statement and seem to get confused if there is more than one fact in that statement.  Eg:

2013 Honda for sale.  40,000 pesos and only 10,000 km of use.

Now, guess how many will call you for your "10,000 peso" Honda.

One last point.  People have learned to never believe what they read in vehicle classified ads in Philippines as all the best looking ads are out and out lies.  Thus make your ad look overpriced and someone will enjoy bargaining with you.

While I do not disagree Dave one thing I am convinced about.

To sell an item like a motor cycle one must offer a low deposit......after which people suddenly appear.

We will give it 3 months, if not sold our little serow will given away to a deserving soul, will be calling on forum member here for recommendations.

• Like 2