Get A Dashcam ! Argument Closer

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

You'd want to have the video stored in some non-obvious place so he couldn't just take the camera.

• Like 1

deevey
Posted
Posted (edited)

You'd want to have the video stored in some non-obvious place so he couldn't just take the camera.

Well it was in an obvious position (right under the windscreen mirror) .. it still took me pointing it out that he was being recorded before he realized what it was, the screen shuts off one min after starting a recording. 

No Reason to open the window enough for a grab to any enforcer anyhow, and traffic enforcers are NOT allowed inside a car without permission or warrant. Police on the other hand have more rights (which I need to familiarize myself with more). 

Of course I could have just accepted his "Ticket" and shown/uploaded the video later to contest it if I thought it was going to turn nasty at any point. 

You can get proper "DVR" with separate cameras / black boxes which are much more expensive - for $50 though, the one I got would suffice for 99% of road problems where you are in the right. 

Edited by deevey
  • Like 1

paule
Posted
Posted

Well it was in an obvious position (right under the windscreen mirror) .. it still took me pointing it out that he was being recorded before he realized what it was, the screen shuts off one min after starting a recording.

No Reason to open the window enough for a grab to any enforcer anyhow, and traffic enforcers are NOT allowed inside a car without permission or warrant. Police on the other hand have more rights (which I need to familiarize myself with more).

Of course I could have just accepted his "Ticket" and shown/uploaded the video later to contest it if I thought it was going to turn nasty at any point.

You can get proper "DVR" with separate cameras / black boxes which are much more expensive - for $50 though, the one I got would suffice for 99% of road problems where you are in the right.

The Sj4000 is a really nice cam, I have one too. It has car functions but there is no suction cup for the car glass screen, that is optional to buy. English is not my native language, is "suction cup" really a proper word?

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
is "suction cup" really a proper word?

Two words, actually. :thumbsup: You have employed them properly, nonetheless.

Edited by Guy F.

deevey
Posted
Posted
The Sj4000 is a really nice cam, I have one too. It has car functions but there is no suction cup for the car glass screen, that is optional to buy. English is not my native language, is "suction cup" really a proper word?

I had bought a cell phone clip that had a suction cup for 150 pesos .. so removed the cell phone part and the SJ4000 2 prong mounts fit perfectly in its place.  

I'll try to upload a photo later ;)