How Do You Make Contact

stevewool
Posted
Posted

For those of us still over in the west how to do make contact with your family of friends over in the Phils,

I have been using Rebtel for a few years now, but sometimes its not the best, or is it they just dont want to answer there phone when they see its me calling,

Anyway what do others use and are you pleased with it and what charges are there, i pay around 9p a minute and i can use my remaining minutes from my virgin contract

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Viber, Skype, FB Messenger.. All work really well as long as you both have a data load.  

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Viber, Skype, FB Messenger.. All work really well as long as you both have a data load.  

Yes, my wife uses Skype mainly and also FB.

Phone calls approx 8-9p per minute.

Cheap calls to Philippines via a BT line from 5.11p/min | International Call Checker

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Mrs. F recently discovered making free phone calls via Facebook.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I agree.  These seem to be the best.  My wife and I agree that for some reason FB Messenger seems to be the best voice quality.

Also we still use Magic Jack with international load.  Mostly this is used for initial contact to tell them "open your computer" so we can chat! That call is usually less that a minute when they are off line.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

For Canadians, we have 2 easy choices! For a PC or laptop, use a download called FreePhoneLine... Or, on your smartphone, use Fongo... Both are basically using VOIP and you will get your own Canadian phone number to use.. So, for this in Canada, get set up and then have your family in the Philippines download the app and sign in under your login. Or get it before you come and use it to call Canada for free!

I don't know why other countries don't have something as easy!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

What about solutions that do not require an internet connection for VOIP in the Philippines? For calling a landline or cell phone in the Philippines from the "west".

• Like 1

Hesalright
Posted
Posted

We have used Tawagpinas.com you load whatever amount you want onto your account, input your customer number then use your phone to call. Its about 13 cents a minute.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

There is a new one out now called Firefox Hello. It looks like Skype.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Facebook has Skype built into it, and also will make calls now.  Or. if you are from North America, send a Magic Jack to them and call unlimited for about $10 (USD) a year.  It does require an internet connection - but all the cheap phone options seem to.