"kano Prices" Not Only For Foreigners

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Here is an other EXAMPLE I found of richer FILIPINOS too are suppoused to pay more:

School fee depending of income

http://www.finduniversity.ph/

University of the Philippines Los Banos

Public University, Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines

Bachelor's P 25,000-30,000 per semester
Master's P 8,000-14,000 per semester

Depends on annual income

An OTHER interesting info at that website is percentage PASSING rates at exams in different schools.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Here is an other EXAMPLE I found of richer FILIPINOS too are suppoused to pay more:

School fee depending of income

http://www.finduniversity.ph/

University of the Philippines Los Banos

Public University, Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines

Bachelor's P 25,000-30,000 per semester

Master's P 8,000-14,000 per semester

Depends on annual income

An OTHER interesting info at that website is percentage PASSING rates at exams in different schools.

That is entirely reasonable! UP Los Banos is the main State university and one of its principles is to give the talented but less wealthy student a fair chance.

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yeah, they do charge more if you can afford it.  Hospitals have been known to do it too.  If you have more you pay more.  They see nothing wrong with this and don't understand why some foreigners get upset about it ha ha   :tiphat:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Nothing new here really. I know when I worked retail many years ago. If I saw a Porche or Mercedes roll into the parking lot, boy they got no slack. If you drove up in a beat up dodge pickup I would be more willing to work with you and drop the price to make the sale.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Lets face it, in today's Economic Climate, Affluence is shown by the way a lot of people dress, we are a target anyway, But I have seen many Locals that dress up for Shopping in their Sunday best, they may as well put a target on themselves.One upmanship has always had it's downfalls and I think that many Filipinos are beginning to realize this now.

Funny that my daughter mentioned that here Aunt has started to down dress a little and lay off the makeup for this very reason. She and her Husband now live in the States and are here for some 4/5 months and are sitting Ducks most of the Time to the duel Pricing but they have learned and now go "Normal"

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I work in merchant shipping. Once I was travelling from London to Athens on Olympic.

The wife of a well known Greek ship owner stepped off the plane from First Class. Then I spotted her husband, wearing an old jumper that had worn through at the elbows, getting out of the economy class that I was in!

He was very comfortably a billionaire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
wearing an old jumper that had worn through at the elbows, getting out of the economy class that I was in! He was very comfortably a billionaire.

I rest my case Sir  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

State based universities in the USA will have much lower tuition fees for in state residents than for out of state or foreign students. That is because tax dollars subsidize the lower tuition fees for the in state students. In addition some in state students can get state scholarships to further offset the cost.

I think the original post is more like this than "kano" prices.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I think that the rationale is that the well-off student can go to Santo Tomas, but the poor student must either get to UP or resign her/himself to a third-rate course at a "degree mill".

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

While researching before on what it would cost for my Special Someone to get her doctorate, i ran across the same information. A little research have me the answer... The high end rate is the regular tuition. For those who can show that the family income is insufficient for them to attend, or for certain indigenous tribes, or a few other conditions to be met - these would be offered the lower rate.