"kano Prices" Not Only For Foreigners

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

but here it is two events.

Speaking of 2 Events, don't you find it strange that they have a Graduation from Elementary, High School, then College? We got just the One and that was from University (If you Graduated.  But............Here :thumbsup: .. lets have a PARTY! 

JP :tiphat:

• Like 4

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

well I can remember many many moons ago in a land far away when in the u s that a kid had to take the four basics classas a foreign language , get b or higher grades. apply to 3 or more colleges and hoped one would accept you. then you had to find the money to go, unless your parents were well off or you was smart enough to get scholarship which ment the upper 5% , you could go. now remember this was before junior colleges, for young men the only option readily available was va education benefits, and there was a war on at the time. at least now if someone what to go in u s you can find the money somewhere, in the Philippines its no problem to get in and paying the extras many times allows them ways to come up with money as they have to,

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Speaking of 2 Events, don't you find it strange that they have a Graduation from Elementary, High School, then College? We got just the One and that was from University (If you Graduated.  But............Here :thumbsup: .. lets have a PARTY! 

Don't forget "Graduating" from Child Care center !!!

(I few days ago I saw photos of aquantenses, where they had dressed up the small kids in American UNIVERSITY exam dressing style...

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Don't forget "Graduating" from Child Care center !!!

(I few days ago I saw photos of aquantenses, where they had dressed up the small kids in American UNIVERSITY exam dressing style...

70FBE5DE-C6FF-413F-BE9A-CE3F18CE696E_zps

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
in the Philippines its no problem to get in and paying the extras many times allows them ways to come up with money as they have to,

Everyone of my two girls classmates get their college money from outside the Philippines, namely foreigner spouses, OFWs, or overseas relatives. Tricycle drivers or market sellers do not send their children to college. The Philippines is dependent on outside help for most things.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

in the Philippines its no problem to get in and paying the extras many times allows them ways to come up with money as they have to,

Everyone of my two girls classmates get their college money from outside the Philippines, namely foreigner spouses, OFWs, or overseas relatives. Tricycle drivers or market sellers do not send their children to college. The Philippines is dependent on outside help for most things.

Well. You are corect in MOST cases,

but not all. Here are some examples, where I know the students/examed:

/The father is tricycle driver  :)   and the mother is selling fish.  Somehow they have managed to get 3 of their 4 children examed at University/College level ! I suppouse they would have managed the 4th too, if she hadn't messed up by becoming pregnant to young  :)

/One squatter Filipino has managed to get MASTER exam WITHOUT any support at all, in OPPOSITE supporting his blind mother and diabetic grandmother some, by he was a "working student"  (=Get opportunity to get a COMBINATION of study and work.)

/Three sisters, who's father has lost their farm by drinking, have managed to support each other, so they have got exams all of them one by one.  (Two teachers and one something within computers.)

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We have a friend that is a balot seller and is just finishing her 4 year degree.  But I do think she would be the exception, and not the rule.   And to be fair - her family owns the ducks, so that helps.   :tiphat:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted
We have a friend that is a balot seller and is just finishing her 4 year degree. But I do think she would be the exception, and not the rule. And to be fair - her family owns the ducks, so that helps.

Some girls have other ways to pay for their schooling:

Local officials in Iloilo City are investigating an alleged "prosti-tuition" racket where financially hard up students resort to prostitution to pay their tuition.

http://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/iloilo-city-probes-alleged-prosti-tuition-racket/ar-AA9HShq?ocid=mailsignoutmd

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Local officials in Iloilo City are investigating an alleged "prosti-tuition" racket where financially hard up students resort to prostitution to pay their tuition.

This Unfortunately is NOT Confined to the Philippines, Spain and Bulgaria have the same problem, No doubt other countries can report the same thing, So sad but a fact of life  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We have a friend that is a balot seller and is just finishing her 4 year degree. But I do think she would be the exception, and not the rule. And to be fair - her family owns the ducks, so that helps.

Some girls have other ways to pay for their schooling:

http://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/iloilo-city-probes-alleged-prosti-tuition-racket/ar-AA9HShq?ocid=mailsignoutmd

Which reminds me of the front page of the paper the other day.   I am not sure if the advertisement placement was a poor accident or a stroke of genius. I know it is not a funny story... but it looks like they are having a 3 day sale on "Survival Sex"

post-2045-0-04121200-1426251758_thumb.jp

• Like 1