Motorbike Routes In The Philippines

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sidewalks? That's news to me..... there are sidewalks in Philippines now?  :hystery: :lol:

Edited by Old55

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Wow some luggage there. First thing I have learnt is the GF must halve her luggage, after do it again and one more time. My gear fits into the small carry on back pack, she takes up 90% of the 55 maxi which can hold two large helmets. This is after all the halving.

When time shall post some of my more recent trips although we stick to smaller roads which may not be of interest to readers.

Aye, very light luggage when travelling on a bike. I sometimes shower with the clothes I wore during the day, hang it up to dry until the morning, or whatever time I consider morning. I've learnt the hard way not to wear short sleeve shirts this trip though... so I had to buy an ugly long-sleeve shirt on the local market, set me back a full 150PHP  :lol:

But by all means post pictures of smaller roads, the only reason I travel on major roads is to get out of major urban areas. 

Diver Dan
Posted
Posted

Three of us took off on our bikes from Leyte on a Roro to Masbate then from there to So. Luzon where we enjoyed swimming with whale sharks (best in March/April). We continued through Mindoro to Panay (Iloilo) and on to Palawan for a ride to El Nido. Then back to Iloilo and through Bacolod (Negros), Cebu then home to Leyte. Great trip and it's a good thing we did it then 'cuz both of the bro's I was with have passed on since. I have also traveled by car but the low budget fan rooms always are 'fully booked' when you arrive by car.. Only the air con are available for 2 to 3 times the price... Hmm, funny how that works.

• Like 1

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Sounds interesting Dan, I would like to do a Palawan trip as well. Any chance you could post us a route as per above of your trip?

Diver Dan
Posted
Posted

AF2B

We took a Roro from Iloilo which went once a week back then but unsure if it still operates. It also went to Cebu & CdO.

Don't miss the underground river as we did. Good reason to return though.

Back then Puerta Princesa had the only ATMs on Palawan so load up there if headed to El Nido. We spent a night coming & going at Roxas.

Hope this helps.

Happy trails

• 2 months later...
calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

The drive to Baguio is nice on a motor :)