I Will File My Annual Report Late. Comments?

chris49
Posted
Posted

I have been here 9 years, perfect record so far.

I got my 13 A Visa Permanent Residency in 2009 (Probationary),2010,Permanent status. The  ACR card expires 12 May. The visa as we know is permanent unless you break the law or have some pending complaint.

I'm thinking of going to Manila (417km) around 1 May. Pay a 2-3 month fine and do my renewal all in one.

Rational: i will save one trip to Manila if I do that.

My address btw is still in Manila. We do have a regional office in LaUnion and a sub office in Laoag. They previously told me they are authorized to deal with people registered as living within the region. 

Comments? What can go wrong with my plan?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My address btw is still in Manila.

If you have moved and not reported that, it will be a Fine.

Irrespective, Why on earth not go to Cebu main office and renew there, pay whatever fines you need to, on the change of address?

Messing with a probationary 13a is not a good thing IMHO Collecting a fine for this and not Doing the yearly report can land you in the S.....T

JP :tiphat:

chris49
Posted
Posted

My address btw is still in Manila.

If you have moved and not reported that, it will be a Fine.

Irrespective, Why on earth not go to Cebu main office and renew there, pay whatever fines you need to, on the change of address?

Messing with a probationary 13a is not a good thing IMHO Collecting a fine for this and not Doing the yearly report can land you in the S.....T

Huh? I don't live in Cebu.

But I am considering a trip to Laoag,28th, Friday. Unforunately I was there last Saturday for my bike race, but they were closed.

I'm not yet subjected to fines, but will be after Friday.

That's why I'm hesitant. If I go to Manila, probably no fine for late change of address.

What I'm reading is 200 pesos/month fine for late report.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I'm not yet subjected to fines, but will be after Friday.   That's why I'm hesitant. If I go to Manila, probably no fine for late change of address.

A friend last year was hit with over 16.000 peso in fines for late reporting, Non change of address and failing to report he had got married.

They seem to do what ever they feel like on the Day and all this was in Manila. For me, Do your Reporting for this year and inquire about the change of address. Mison is getting hot on things being Right.

chris49
Posted
Posted

I'm not yet subjected to fines, but will be after Friday.   That's why I'm hesitant. If I go to Manila, probably no fine for late change of address.

A friend last year was hit with over 16.000 peso in fines for late reporting, Non change of address and failing to report he had got married.

They seem to do what ever they feel like on the Day and all this was in Manila. For me, Do your Reporting for this year and inquire about the change of address. Mison is getting hot on things being Right.

OK, Jack, get that. We actually own a house in QC, my wife's name. So changing address is not a major issue (IMO). What I'm getting at here, is a trip to Manila costs us 10k pesos. I would absorb a fine under that amount, and I'm still ahead.

I'm solid as a rock. I have not violated anything.Only late report.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well chris that is your choice but.........................................

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Agreed.

chris49
Posted
Posted

That's why I'm thinking Jack. Let's see a few more replies. Tomorrow is a holiday.

A quick trip to Laoag, maybe Friday. The regional offices here are very quiet and user friendly. No dress code for one thing.

And I don't mean to be disrespectful, nice shorts,shirt and shoes.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

That does sound like the new dress code for BI... :D

I would look at it this way... Right now, you're "solid"... File late and that's one "NOTanattaboy"... Someday something may happen when that one single "NOTanattaboy" may come back to haunt you!

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

That's why I'm thinking Jack. Let's see a few more replies. Tomorrow is a holiday.

A quick trip to Laoag, maybe Friday. The regional offices here are very quiet and user friendly. No dress code for one thing.

And I don't mean to be disrespectful, nice shorts,shirt and shoes.

Hi Chris, have no experience of Phils Immigration, but they are the last ones I would piss off!!