I Will File My Annual Report Late. Comments?

chris49
Posted
Posted

That's why I'm thinking Jack. Let's see a few more replies. Tomorrow is a holiday.

A quick trip to Laoag, maybe Friday. The regional offices here are very quiet and user friendly. No dress code for one thing.

And I don't mean to be disrespectful, nice shorts,shirt and shoes.

Hi Chris, have no experience of Phils Immigration, but they are the last ones I would piss off!!

I have decided to do a recci trip to Laoag, bus and bike. I'm going up there anyway. Will ask their advice. As a regional sub office, they have some limitations on what they can/cannot do.

I'm going up to look at the triathlon venue, book accommodation, so I was going anyway.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I have been here 9 years, perfect record so far.

You have by far more experience with BI then anyone giving advice in this thread, including me. But since you asked for it here's mine: trust your own good judgement.

chris49
Posted
Posted

My experience so far...95% good.

One little trick I used is when they tell you to pick up your Passport, ACR Card, anything they are holding....leave it with them until you are forced to go there again. In their safekeeping, things do not get lost and you save the expense.

Early days on the 60 day extension, we used to leave the passport there the full 60 days.

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted
Mison is getting hot on things being Right.
I think you'll find that Mison has resigned.
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Mison is getting hot on things being Right.
I think you'll find that Mison has resigned.

Hmmmmm So I thought as it was me that reported this but someone here posted it was Hoax. :rolleyes:

So do we have any real up to date news on the demise or life of Siegfried  Mison?  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My experience so far...95% good.

One little trick I used is when they tell you to pick up your Passport, ACR Card, anything they are holding....leave it with them until you are forced to go there again. In their safekeeping, things do not get lost and you save the expense.

Early days on the 60 day extension, we used to leave the passport there the full 60 days.

The last time I left my passport at the BI they charged me for storing it.I left it there because they said to comeback in 2 weeks as they didn`t have extra staff for the bio-metric stuff which has been going on. Still I agree it should be quite safe there.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
do we have any real up to date news on the demise or life of Siegfried  Mison?

My question is:  Why would the BI list him as the Commissioner if he was not?  Isn't that the first thing a new commissioner would change?  Politics, humbug.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/the-bureau/the-commissioners

Hon. Siegfred B. Mison
Commissioner
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
 Isn't that the first thing a new commissioner would change?  Politics, humbug.

Who knows Dave, Just going on what the BOI put on their FB Page Last week, He had or was Forced to resign.

Then as usual, Nothing. :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I don't think it was on the BI's facebook page it was on the facebook page of this other "organization" that was quoting an "inside source". Looking at this organization's website they are long on innuendo, short on facts. The resignation of a high govt official would be covered by all the media, I couldn't find one other source. At this point I don't believe it.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

I don't think it was on the BI's facebook page it was on the facebook page of this other "organization" that was quoting an "inside source". Looking at this organization's website they are long on innuendo, short on facts. The resignation of a high govt official would be covered by all the media, I couldn't find one other source. At this point I don't believe it.

Me too. That's a political appointment and if he was fired that would come from the President. And it doesn't seem likely. Some of the electronic and online reporting stuff and the new help desk at DOI Manila have been quite good upgrades.  That doesn't mean he won't be deposed later, but in mid term of the Presidency...nah.