I Will File My Annual Report Late. Comments?

chris49
Posted
Posted

Done it.

I took on board the advice and decided not to go to Manila, would have been 3 months overdue at that point.

I took an 80 peso bus up to Laoag. Lovely city and met a few ex pats in Mc Do...got out of the house at 7 AM...back by 2 PM.

Key Points.

1. Dress code. Nah, they don't enforce it up here. I put on a normal sport shirt with collar, shorts, running shoes and socks.

2. Ten minutes all up, I paid a fine...200 plus the usual "Express Fee" and something else....800 total+ 310=1110.

3. I was there once before in 2013...they pulled out my file card. I DID NOT FILL IN ANY FORM, she took the info from ACR Card, and walked into the back, in 2 minutes she came out with my receipt. I did not even fill in the Annual Report form.

4. I went into the Director's office. Young guy, newly appointed, previous assignment was at the airport. Very friendly , of course we discussed biking and the races I do. He rides a bike and we hit it off. Got his number...

Bottom line here. Even if there has been a complaint made against you, they require a conviction from any court..in all cases, even if well overdue, you just pay your money and go.

I had another small issue of maintaining 2 different addresses..he did advise me, but I will not divulge here....PM me if you want more details.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
chris49
Posted
Posted

That was Phase one.

My ACR Card expires 12 May, so making the long haul down to Manila about a week before.

Any hints or comments?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

That was Phase one.

My ACR Card expires 12 May, so making the long haul down to Manila about a week before.

Any hints or comments?

You have to go to Manila for another reason?  You should not have to go to Manila only because of the ACR card, I think????

Edit:  I just re-read the whole thread and maybe I see why you have to go to Manila.  It is a shame if you do have to.

Edited by OnMyWay

chris49
Posted
Posted

That was Phase one.

Any hints or comments?

You have to go to Manila for another reason?  You should not have to go to Manila only because of the ACR card, I think????

Edit:  I just re-read the whole thread and maybe I see why you have to go to Manila.  It is a shame if you do have to.

Not sure if I mentioned above, but my address was still listed in Manila. Got a tip here to renew the card first. Change the address here in Laoag later. (from the Director DOI, Laopag)

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Any hints or comments?

Enjoy yourself   :)

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Any hints or comments?

Enjoy yourself   :)

Tell my wife. She gets a shopping trip and a visit to a salon about twice a year. Which contrasts to my former life in QC, where the girls would go 3 times/week. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have been here 9 years, perfect record so far.

I got my 13 A Visa Permanent Residency in 2009 (Probationary),2010,Permanent status. The  ACR card expires 12 May. The visa as we know is permanent unless you break the law or have some pending complaint.

I'm thinking of going to Manila (417km) around 1 May. Pay a 2-3 month fine and do my renewal all in one.

Rational: i will save one trip to Manila if I do that.

My address btw is still in Manila. We do have a regional office in LaUnion and a sub office in Laoag. They previously told me they are authorized to deal with people registered as living within the region. 

Comments? What can go wrong with my plan?

FOLLOW UP

H guys, you  can get all the good advice in the world but at the end of the day you back yourself.

Did the renewal for 2726 pesos, consisting of $50 US, plus 500 pesos. About 3-4 hours. They did ask for pesos, even though the form says dollars.

For 2 hours they screen your entire file, looking for the previous entries and I assume looking for complaints filed against you.

Your wife does not have to be there, in fact she was there but they didn't refer to her. They asked to see any valid ID on the wife which I photocopied and gave to them,

The pick up is in 7 working days, they said 10 to be sure. I told them one month and they said ok.

Thanks for all replies and helpful tips above and now my tip back to you.

I went to Manila here because it's my original point of filing. Drop into your local regional office and get friendly with the staff there, even get their txt no. There advice is invaluable. 

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
They did ask for pesos, even though the form says dollars.
Perhaps because pesos is stronger than dollar, since the form was printed?  :mocking:
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have been told that it is because it is an American company that searches out the data required to complete this...  I honestly don't think that's the reason though...  IMHO, this is because the American government demanded to know which American citizens were in the Philippines...  So one charge was in American $ converted to pesos  - which is probably the entire cost of this procedure!.  Why let a good thing go?  All foreigners can pay this now...  Of course, my thinking may be faulty... 

:mocking:  :rolleyes:  :attention:

chris49
Posted
Posted

I have been told that it is because it is an American company that searches out the data required to complete this...  I honestly don't think that's the reason though...  IMHO, this is because the American government demanded to know which American citizens were in the Philippines...  So one charge was in American $ converted to pesos  - which is probably the entire cost of this procedure!.  Why let a good thing go?  All foreigners can pay this now...  Of course, my thinking may be faulty... 

:mocking:  :rolleyes:  :attention:

I dunno about this and that you quoted there.

BI is very busy always, I give them 8/10 this time for efficiency.