Get Annulment Or Not?

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Dont you just hate that Jack?  Dave, give the guy a break and make a bloody mistake tomake him feel better within himself!

Seems like the previous blog by Dave the Wizard, shows that I will just have to go there, rent for awhile and see what lays out.

Thanks again Gents, for supportive posts.  Ladies also.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Two Popes have been here since then. Lots of confessions and look the other way. Some, like many senators, are trying to change the divorce ban as if affects them.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I don't see how her separated husband could claim anything from her after your passing.

I am like so many here not a lawyer but a legal marriage is a Legal thing, if the lady has no Official Separation Order( And they are available) then the Husband will still have a Legal entitlement to at least 50% of whatever she has or gets.

My Advice, see a Lawyer and get that Separation, Documented. At least from the date of the Official Separation, she is covered. 

That's good advice and solve the ECONOMIC part,

BUT I don't BELIEVE it solve the ADULTURY problem  (=living with a separated woman.)

Some thoughts, we buy the property we will live in in Phils in joint names, I make a will which will leave property to gf and when she falls of the perch, house sold, divided between her 2 children, my two grandsons, she leaves will saying same, in the unlikely event of me outlasting her.? Would that work, along with the Separation Order and if necessary restraning order (but I doubt it will be necessary).

I don't think that city hall will let the house be registered in joint names. Estate tax is 32%. I don't think the will when probated would give you or your 2 sons anything. There is a Deed of Donations that can be set up but it too is highly taxed on a graded level. We put our house in my wife's mother's name which could be a problem upon her death as there are 7 other siblings. We looked into transferring the house to my wife's name after the annulment but the transfer tax is very high and then you have to pay it again when you sell. If you don't transfer the house within one year of the owner's death, there is a large penalty, maybe 30%. They got you coming or going!

In your case, I would get the legal separation before you buy a house, put the house in your wife's name, and either put something away in your home country for your grandsons or let them take out a life insurance policy on you.

It's possible for foreigners to INHERIT real estate, but if it's land, they have to SELL it.

Foreign spouse CAN be on TITLE to reduce problem in inherit cases.

"Estate tax 32 % "     Do you mean at INHERITING?    I don't know anything about such,

but the yearly property tax is MUCH lower.  (Some different for different property types and different locations, but it's common with around 1 %.)

What if I buy Condo in my name, leave it to her in will and will make some arrangements in Oz for grandsons.

I like that idea!

If I could afford a condo I would do that.  But they are way overpriced (in my opinion) because foreigners can own them.  I have heard stories of how new condos are first offered to a select few number of filipinos at ridiculously low prices as 'preselling' in order to get the magic 60% filipino ownership.  Then the rest are sold to foreigners at 'normal' prices.  If such were true then having your wife buy one in the 'preselling' and then transferring it to you later may be the way to go.

Note that buying a condo in the 'preselling' stage is a whole 'nother topic.  There is a link here http://myfinancialcoach.ph/article/pre-selling-vs-rfosbecause you will have questions, but if anyone wants to discuss it further can they start a new topic about it before JGF kicks my arse please.

I thought I was reasonably world wise and savvy until I started reading this forum. I doubt there is a scam they have not thought of or instigated.  I am not a fan of ]pre sell] as full of rorts.

So where do you go to buy something at the right price?  Private sales, maybe?  Cash strapped Filipinos maybe?  No wonder I drink.

I wouldn't buy a condo anyway, because I don't want to live among people   :)    but beside that I wouldn't buy any not FINNISHED yet. There are a lot of NEVER FINNISHED building projects...    And yes overpriced too (at least in Manila and Cebu booms.)