Us Deactivates Task Force - Jsotf-P

jon1
Posted
Posted

It is now official. They have deactivated the Task Force that has been in operation since 2002 http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/focus/02/24/15/us-special-forces-troops-leaving-philippines

That along with the RP Government submitting a draft for Bangsamoro Basic Law Bangsamoro Basic Law | GMA News Online to Congress for review. Once approved it will result in a vote by the towns/cities on whether or not they want to be a part of the ARMM.

I am of the mindset that the rebels will continue to up the violence until there is a vote and even after should things not go to their liking. Since 2011, the terrorist groups have been trying to align themselves under the ISIS group and unite. Philippine terrorists have been documented fighting with ISIS in Iraq and Syria. Also, Arabs have been sighted in Mindanao recruiting and facilitating Filipinos transport to Syria and Iraq. Recently, a bomb making expert (Basit Usman) has resurfaced in Mindanao after previously being reported to have being killed by a drone attack in Afghanistan.

Then the Mamasapano Clash that occurred resulting in 44 Filipino SAF operators dead. We can only hope that they do not make the BBL official. For a good read on the background of the Al Qaeda influence and money on all of this, read "Seeds of Terror" by Maria A. Ressa. Since the 1990s the MILF/MNLF have directly received funds and training from Al Qaeda. They are harboring terrorists and the RP is still signing this? They are signing away the RPs future if they do so. Just my $.02....

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Mayor Duterte in Davao  was quoted in the newspaper Mindanao Times something to the effect not to let the killing of 44 Filipino SAF men by rebels stop the peace agreement (BBL) signing with the MILF. 

I pray that the day will never come when the Muslims expand their control over Mindanao territory. They will slowly drive out all the non Muslims and by that they will demand more and more territory to control or else, more random acts of violence.

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted
They will slowly drive out all the non Muslims and by that they will demand more and more territory to control or else, more random acts of violence.

All of the above are currently in progress in Zamboanga.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

They will slowly drive out all the non Muslims and by that they will demand more and more territory to control or else, more random acts of violence.

All of the above are currently in progress in Zamboanga.

I'm sure the same will happen in Davao. So, why can't the president see this and do something positive for  a change instead of coddling the MILF, Like NO PEACE AGREEMENT and dissolve the ARMM.

Mike S
Posted
Posted
So, why can't the president see this and do something positive for a change instead of coddling the MILF, Like NO PEACE AGREEMENT and dissolve the ARMM.

This is my take on the issue ..... for some strange reason man feels he just has to leave a legacy for himself before he dies .... he is just not content to live his life helping others or living life the way he wants to .... he has to be remembered somehow ..... he wants to feel he is immortal and people will praise him after he is gone ..... this is one of the great fallacies in life .... and unfortunately the more important or powerful a person is the more life changing derisions ... good or bad ... he will attempt .... world leaders are famous for this and will obtain it any ANY cost .... they just want history to remember them .... and a lot of times for the bad things instead of the good .... now I will let you guys draw your own conclusions ... JMHO ... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Gee... And I kind of thought that the whole idea behind the agreement was to develope a stability and peace in the area that had been missing up to now... Even prior to the actual signing, things have quieted down... Yes, there are some out there who deny wanting this and are actively doing what they can to destroy the peace - on both sides! But the majority of people on both sides just want to get on with their lives!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Here is an interesting summary of the latest goings on in Mindinao.

http://strategypage.com/qnd/phillip/articles/20150301.aspx

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I really wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the MILF leaders... They get blamed for having ties to the BIFF yet they also end up in gun battles against them too...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
they just want history to remember them .... and a lot of times for the bad things instead of the good .

:unsure: Just look at the amount of Heroes the Filipinos have and a Special day for them  :rolleyes:

Morning All ( Late on Parade today, My bad! :hystery: )

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Locals I talk to are not real confident about the BBL. They look back and say they made a treaty that created the autonomist region and the BILF didn't like it so they revolted and hence the BBL which the BIFF doesn't like so they will continue to fight...... ad infinitum. (forgive me if the acronyms are not right,,i get so confused :1 (103):