Visitors Arriving Earlier Than Agreed !!!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Nice topic, we just returned from a trip to Dumaguete. During the visit happened to be talking to a well off couple filipna brit whom just built a spectacular house in Valencia.

He commented that the high society guests whom attended the roof ceremony  behaved like pigs....Was shocking, food was eaten like animals, many brought Robinson empty shopping bags and stuffed them with food to take home. 

What is with such people, driving new cars, well off, why on earth do they resort to such behavior?

The more they can get for free means the more they have for things like shiney new cars! Just think! "I don't have to buy groceries for 2 weeks! What shiney thing can i get to show how great i am? "

Just want to add: i wasn't thinking of Filipinos when i wrote the above!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Btw they had written at the invitation ALL conversation will be in Indonesian

Thomas, Why would a Swede, Invite people to his house and say All conversation will be in Indonesian? OK I am all for learning a little of a Host Language but in your own House? surely this is a little odd to me. No wonder people take advantage. These people think the Party Host is there for the Pickings Now what about any Foreigners attending? Where would they Fit into this rather bizarre situation?

JP :tiphat:  :unsure:

If i was the only foreigner there and had been working hard to learn the language? I think it's a great idea!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just want to add: i wasn't thinking of Filipinos when i wrote the above!

:hystery: OH! any one in Particular you had in Mind  :rolleyes:

Jack  :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
If i was the only foreigner there and had been working hard to learn the language? I think it's a great idea!

Obviously Bob, you have not been too many Food Parties here yet as the Only Foreigner, believe me it is Purgatory. 

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Obviously Bob, you have not been too many Food Parties here yet as the Only Foreigner, believe me it is Purgatory. 

JP :tiphat:

Sorry, Jack, i must have misunderstood... i thought you were referring to speaking in only the local language during the party...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

i thought you were referring to speaking in only the local language during the party...

I was, as the OP said the invitation stated ALL conversation will be in Indonesian. This is not at all a good Idea, we will never be quick enough to catch onto any local language and to me it is just not on. I have been to quite a few of parties that are Bisya only Speaking and as I said 3 hours of listening to just a totally incomprehensible conversation well, what can I say. When they are all talking together as they do at the speed and noise they do. I do not relish again Sitting in the Corner totally alone cos that's where you end up. But wait, this is YOUR house, where can you go, you Gotta be there til the last bugger goes Home.

NAH! For me a Rethink  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

i thought you were referring to speaking in only the local language during the party...

I was, as the OP said the invitation stated ALL conversation will be in Indonesian. This is not at all a good Idea, we will never be quick enough to catch onto any local language and to me it is just not on. I have been to quite a few of parties that are Bisya only Speaking and as I said 3 hours of listening to just a totally incomprehensible conversation well, what can I say. When they are all talking together as they do at the speed and noise they do. I do not relish again Sitting in the Corner totally alone cos that's where you end up. But wait, this is YOUR house, where can you go, you Gotta be there til the last bugger goes Home.

NAH! For me a Rethink  :thumbsup:

Ha Ha a reason for me not to have a house warming......

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
a reason for me not to have a house warming...

If you don't have one, your wife will remind you.  10 YEARS from now she will still remind you.  Its a big deal here.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

a reason for me not to have a house warming...

If you don't have one, your wife will remind you.  10 YEARS from now she will still remind you.  Its a big deal here.

Is that the house blessing? I said no as I do not believe in that.

Jack, I know how you feel at these types of parties so lately, except for the Debut, we have went away to Manila and Macau instead of having a party. It costs more but it is more fun for both of us. At other times, I insist those that can speak English to speak it so that I am included in the conversation at my house. Now, we have less people coming over which is fine with me.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
What is with such people, driving new cars, well off, why on earth do they resort to such behavior?

It is a compulsive disorder to take more than you deserve like in corruption at all levels. When you look at the pork barrel scams and other names in the news, you wonder why they did not stop when their belly was full. Just how much property do you need?