Posted
Posted

Philppines the land of the rort!!!

What does rort mean ?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Mamma and Pappa got screwed over twice in land sales by his brothers and sisters. The property was inherited very common issue in da Philippines lots of grudges, hackings and scampering away afterward.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The property was inherited very common issue in da Philippines lots of grudges, hackings and scampering away afterward.

Most family splits come from Feuds over land and as we have heard here before, not forgoing Drug related Deaths, seems that murder ( and I think this is the right phrase to use) Land disputes are  the most common reason

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

What does rort mean ?

rortLine breaks: rort

Pronunciation: /rɔːt/ 

Definition of rort in English: noun informal
1Australian /NZ fraudulent or dishonest act or practice:tax rort
2Australian dated wild party.
Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

What does rort mean ?

rortLine breaks: rort

Pronunciation: /rɔːt/ 

Definition of rort in English: noun informal
1Australian /NZ fraudulent or dishonest act or practice:tax rort
2Australian dated wild party.

Thanks mate now I know I have never heard of that before or maybe I did and forgot it when I came out of the pub with JP!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

maybe I did and forgot it when I came out of the pub with JP!

OY I got you home Dinoy ( Didn't I) funny-drunk-people-dumpaday-151.jpg

:hystery:

JP :tiphat:  :cheers:

• Like 3

Larry45
Posted
Posted (edited)

Parents of wife got cheated by a close friend after Typhoon Yolanda to repair their lost roof.  He quoted a price, they gave deposit, and he went home.  Someone explained to him that they have a foreigner in the family, so the next day he upped his bid 4X.  Not sure how that ended, as I wasn't paying for it, thankfully.  But in the eyes of most locals, the worst Filipino is still better than the best foreigner.  Go figure.  

edit:  gramtycal missteaks :)

Edited by Larry45

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The worst is when a member of the family does it to you, thats wrong in my eyes, but hey it only happens the once like most things you soon catch on , and in the end they are the ones that lose out long term, just my thoughts

Well. As someone said in this forum a while ago:

It can be GOOD to have a BAD not paying back Filipino family member, because then, when someone ask for a loan, we can answer,

-Yes, I can give you the loan as soon as Uncle As..e has paid back.

:mocking:

The worst is when a member of the family does it to you, thats wrong in my eyes, but hey it only happens the once like most things you soon catch on , and in the end they are the ones that lose out long term, just my thoughts

And what happens when the family finds out?

The property was inherited very common issue in da Philippines lots of grudges, hackings and scampering away afterward.

Most family splits come from Feuds over land and as we have heard here before, not forgoing Drug related Deaths, seems that murder ( and I think this is the right phrase to use) Land disputes are  the most common reason.

I have asked several Filipinos how come it's rather common that very bad behaving family members aren't confronted and demanding they stop behaving bad, but I haven't got any answer explaining it.

While other Filipino families confront each other so hard so they even kill each other...  (As e g an aunt and a nephew in a dispute about land. Both died in a fight with machetes.)