Supporting A Family

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  :no:  Sounds to me as if  you are not Supporting them Your are KEEPING them!

Harsh as it may seem and sound, You are going to Regret this.

Somewhere along the Line some one needs to understand the difference between Helping and Molly Coddling.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just for example on the street we live on there are 15 families in 11 dwellings .... of these 11 dwellings only 2 are not being supported by OFW's or Filipinas married to foreigners the rest are occupied by non-working Filipino relatives .... in other words free-loaders .... 1 or 2 do have a small garden and a few chickens but hardly enough to feed them .... and they are perfectly content to live off their benefactors ......

We like some of the others here have no such problems .... we do send her mom a small sum each month so she has some pocket money for her to use anyway she chooses and she is VERY thrifty (I see where J gets her spending habits from) there are 2 brothers that work overseas and one sister who is school teacher here and another sister who's live-in is a chef .... we all chip in if something major needs to be done like replacing the roof or running new electric inside the house .... stuff out of the ordinary ..... but we are never asked for money .... J and I plus her brother installed and J and I paid for all the wiring in the house after I saw how they had 20+ extension cords strung everywhere like an octopus .... they still thank me every time we go down there .... 

I definitely agree with everyone's comments above that no matter how much you send it will NEVER be enough .... p30,000 today .... p40,000 tomorrow plus all the extra handouts in between .... JMHO

:cheersty:  

• Like 4

Wrye83
Posted
Posted

I definitely agree with everyone's comments above that no matter how much you send it will NEVER be enough .... p30,000 today .... p40,000 tomorrow plus all the extra handouts in between .... JMHO

Certainly agree, it never is enough. I give my girlfriend a certain allowance (it's not much), what she does with it is up to her but she understands that once it is gone, it is gone. If she sends it to her family and then doesn't have enough to do her nails or hair then that's just tough cookies, the wallet isn't coming out until next month. If she wants to send more I have several friends that have businesses that would hire her so the end result it......she tells her family to deal with what she sends.  :rolleyes: The threat of having to wake up every morning and go to work is enough for her to keep her family in check. (I hear that she sends 1,500 a month to the family.....though I've never made it my business to manage her family life.)

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
The threat of having to wake up every morning and go to work

I see a lot of that. They like to sleep in, wander around looking for free food and a card game, and wait for blessings from someone.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I see a lot of that. They like to sleep in, wander around looking for free food and a card game, and wait for blessings from someone.

OH How True, not long ago, we paid for requirements fare and accommodation, for a niece to go to Manila for some Pedicure and Manicure training, When she found out that the Work is 6 days a week, she decided that it was too much of a task, She was offered a position in Dubai, No! she did not want to do that, OK I respect that, but now she has lost all interest in anything at all, My wife has almost lost interest in her.

She comes each week asking if we can help set her up as a mobile P&M, we gave it some thought until she asked for a Motorcycle or she could not do it.  :hystery:  Conversation over. :rolleyes:

as we say "You can't fix Stupid" 

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

OH How True, not long ago, we paid for requirements fare and accommodation, for a niece to go to Manila for some Pedicure and Manicure training, When she found out that the Work is 6 days a week, she decided that it was too much of a task, She was offered a position in Dubai, No! she did not want to do that, OK I respect that, but now she has lost all interest in anything at all, My wife has almost lost interest in her.

She comes each week asking if we can help set her up as a mobile P&M, we gave it some thought until she asked for a Motorcycle or she could not do it.  :hystery:  Conversation over. :rolleyes:

as we say "You can't fix Stupid" 

Buy her a bicycle end of mate

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Buy her a bicycle end of mate

:attention: Can't see a Cute 22 year old Pinay on this can You?  :rolleyes: bike_400x300.jpg

:dance:  :hystery:

OH Boy are we going to be in trouble "K"

P :tiphat:

• Like 1

Hesalright
Posted
Posted

Our last holiday was fu#ked up by this issue. This time we are only spending a few days with the family.

• Like 2

Hesalright
Posted
Posted

We are at the point where we won't answer the phone when they call. What's the purpose we already know what they want....

• Like 1

Wrye83
Posted
Posted

If napping were an Olympic event the Philippines could finally win a gold medal. 

• Like 4