sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

you can live on just about any amount

Filipinos can live for less than p10k per month for a family of 4

westerners can spend over p10k per day and still be unhappy

the money isn't the issue, its the rainy day fund that matters

make sure you have at least p500k available from saving for emergencies

otherwise 2 people can live comfortable on p25k depending on your likes, tastes and hobbies

And how many kids you send to the best private schools

• Like 2

BigMook
Posted
Posted

you can live on just about any amount

Filipinos can live for less than p10k per month for a family of 4

westerners can spend over p10k per day and still be unhappy

the money isn't the issue, its the rainy day fund that matters

make sure you have at least p500k available from saving for emergencies

otherwise 2 people can live comfortable on p25k depending on your likes, tastes and hobbies

And how many kids you send to the best private schools

if we are talking sending kids to private schools then all bets are off. p25k a day might not be enough depending on how many kids and the school

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Petey
Posted
Posted

Hi Steve.

I have lived in Marikina in my ealier days of being in Philippines.

The place i lived in was rented and was very small P5000 per month. No aircon but i had the monthly bills of water and electric. No landline or contract phone. Access to the internet was done by using Supersurf999. I only 1 sim to share between my cell phone and mobile broadband stick. Not bad for P1000 per month.

I would shop weekly at Puregold, maybe £20 per week in food and basics. Then use Marikina Market for meats and fresh veg. I would stock up on meats and freeze them.

School for my daughter was just over P1000 per month. Public transport ( before i bought a car ) was jeepney so P16 per day for the 2 of us to travel back and forth.

Personally i would say P25000 is more than enough to last on and if you can get the person to save thats also good for rainy days.

I have moved into a private subdivision and purchased a house now ( yes i have issues now with getting paperwork sorted ) but excluding the morgauge im running a house with food and fuel for just under P20k per month. This is without aircon also. The house i have now is 4 times the size of that where i was living in Marikina.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

All good news from many who are living over there, i am still convinced with what we may have coming in each month and this is well before the UK state pension is added in 9 years is more then enough so half will be saved for the things we may like to do, and remember there will be a pot for the just in case,

• Like 2

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

I live in Kalibo now and every month now I spend around P 20 thousand a month so yes can do it on P 25 easy 

• Like 2