Moving From Thailand After 12 Years. Where In Ph Would Suit Me

Zazz
Posted
Posted

Boracay may be an interesting place. But i had hope to get little more up north to a cooler climate though. Reading everything about the place now.

Zazz
Posted
Posted

It seems to be impossible, at least online, to find a good standard condo facing the beach in Subic or Boracay area. And one seems to get much less accommodation (size, standard) for the money compared to Pattaya. I would prefer Subic as it is near Manila and Clark and hopefully little cooler climate compared to Boracay, i might be wrong.. I will go and explore both places though and also Cebu.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)
I would prefer Subic as it is near Manila

Zazz, That's what I thought also, I joined the VFW because I saw there was a post in Angeles city. On the map it looks close----In over two years I have never been there :hystery: . Because of the roads, Subic and Manila really are not that close.  Others will correct me, but it is a good 1.5 maybe even 2 hour drive. (depending on traffic).

A lot of what we say might seem incredible. My suggestion is to take a couple of weeks, and travel around a bit. Some of the things we have been saying might make more sense. :cheersty:

Edited by scott h
  • Like 1

Zazz
Posted
Posted

1.5-2 hours is fairly near, at least I think so. The proximity to an int. airport is necessary for my work. I will surely spend at least a month traveling around in PH to explore it.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There are 11 international airports in the Philippines. 2 of those are in areas that are not recommended at the moment due to their locations on the south. And a few, though considered international, may not have sufficient international traffic for your needs...

mogo51
Posted
Posted

If after 12 years you are not sick of the "bar life" I would agree with the suggestion that you stay in Pattaya

I got sick of it after 4 years.

but perhaps I am more 'mature age' than you. But hey, whatever pushes your buttone There is Angeles but a long

walk to the surf.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

There are 11 international airports in the Philippines. 2 of those are in areas that are not recommended at the moment due to their locations on the south. And a few, though considered international, may not have sufficient international traffic for your needs...

If you look at the commercial airline schedules only 4 of those international airports have regular flights. NAIA, Clark, Cebu and Davao.

For example Subic has an international airport but doesn't even have regular domestic flights.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If after 12 years you are not sick of the "bar life" I would agree with the suggestion that you stay in Pattaya

I got sick of it after 4 years.

but perhaps I am more 'mature age' than you. But hey, whatever pushes your buttone There is Angeles but a long

walk to the surf.

I got tired of "bar life" before I started   :lol:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Zazz
Posted
Posted

Some bar rumble can be nice sometimes...  :thumbsup:  Why do I find so few apartments and condos advertised on internet? And nothing right on the beach.....

Petey
Posted
Posted

Hi Zazz.

You will probably find that most beach places have been bought up by resorts and investors for hotels for tourists. If you think that Philippines resembles something out of Hawaii 5-0 you will be let down.

Condos tend to be based in cities. Either for affordable living or for the business person. Yes, cities are polluted in Manila but currently the best looking city in Manila is Taguig ( Global City ). Not old Taguig.

As you say you need to be close to an airport - Manila airport ( All Terminals ) are about 40 mins drive by taxi or by personal car from Taguig. I have been to Taguig during the evenings to eat out in restaurants and there nice and clean.

I cannot speak for Subic as I've never been there. There is a domestic terminal at Clark.

Boracy is too commercial and you will need a healthy wallet. Again i don't know much of the nightlife there, I'm more of a relax man.

• Like 1