Posted
Posted
1. It's really open atm,

They like that here, an open ATM.

• Like 3

peavatar
Posted
Posted

It's really open atm, I was going to get a one way ticket but I think for the initial 30 day visa I might need to get a return.

Definitely or an onward ticket as they wont let you board the plane without it. 

Thanks Jollygoodfellow. I'll look into it. The travel agent should be able to give good advice as well. 

• Like 1

peavatar
Posted
Posted

1. It's really open atm,

They like that here, an open ATM.

Haha! Probably very true and I'll be very cautious all the time (I already am having to be careful after jumping on internet dating sites).

But I think I'll keep the dream alive! ;)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

It's really open atm, I was going to get a one way ticket but I think for the initial 30 day visa I might need to get a return.

Thanks Jollygoodfellow. I'll look into it. The travel agent should be able to give good advice as well. 

I would not count on a travel agent knowing what the law is for travel to the Philippines. There are many topics on this and I assure you I am correct in saying you must have either a return or onward ticket. If the airline let you board without it then they can be fined and they are responsible to send you back to where you started from at their cost.

• Like 1

peavatar
Posted
Posted

I would not count on a travel agent knowing what the law is for travel to the Philippines. There are many topics on this and I assure you I am correct in saying you must have either a return or onward ticket. If the airline let you board without it then they can be fined and they are responsible to send you back to where you started from at their cost.

Great, thanks! Return ticket it is! (30 days should be more than enough to get an idea of the place). 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I would not count on a travel agent knowing what the law is for travel to the Philippines.

Agreed.  When I used a travel agent in Canada 2 years ago, she was asking ME what the rules were as she had never done the trip while I had done it many times.  The only thing she INSISTED she was correct about was the baggage rules.  She even gave me a fancy looking letter to show the airline. She was wrong on that and the airline did not care about the fancy looking letter.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Great, thanks! Return ticket it is! (30 days should be more than enough to get an idea of the place). 

Also the onward ticket does not have to be dated within the 30 days, you can stay almost as long as you want if you keep your extensions up to date. 

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Why is getting to know the family so important? (I could guess but it's best to ask and make sure).
  As told plus in traditional families, which is much more common in provinces, it's expected of good manner to meet the parents BEFORE start courting their daughter.    =Similar to how it was in our home countries 100 years ago.

But more and more Filipinos become more as westerners.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
As told plus in traditional families, which is much more common in provinces, it's expected of good manner to meet the parents BEFORE start courting their daughter.    =Similar to how it was in our home countries 100 years ago. But more and more Filipinos become more as westerners.

And how about the cow

peavatar
Posted
Posted

Also the onward ticket does not have to be dated within the 30 days, you can stay almost as long as you want if you keep your extensions up to date. 

Wow. Awesome advice. Okay I'll probably do that then. Cheers