Best City In The Philippines (/place)

pete1
Posted
Posted

Boracay is great! White sand and clear water (not all the time). I've been to boracay many times and the last time I went there is this March. I suggest you to go there on summer so that the beach wont be greenish because of the seaweeds.

• 4 weeks later...
Petey
Posted
Posted

While in transit to Manila i spoke to a young man from Denmark. He asked me where i was going and if i was moving to Philippines. Told him i was and was going to live in Metro Manila. Best advice someone ever gave me and i never listened to was from him :

"Get out of Manila and go to Cebu or any other place. Manila will consume you".

And it did to a large degree.

I lived in Metro for 13 months. Marikina City was ok, but as you know its right on the fault line of Philippines. In the 2 weeks of living in San Mateo we got flooded out and lost about 70% of everything i came with from U.K - so that left a pretty bad taste.

Taguig ( Global City ) looks really nice. The development is really nice, if Condo living is your thing. Reduced tax living and no color coding also.

When i visited Cebu, Boracay, Tagaytay, Baguio, and La Union the people didn't come across as you "owe" them something. Manila is polar opposite. Here its very much a dog eat dog place.

Out of the places ive visited i enjoyed Tagaytay the most. I have some pictures of our ventures there and the sight of Taal is really nice. Baguio was a lot more relaxed. My wife said its cold there... i didnt notice the chill too much hehe.

I drive through Eton City http://www.etoncity.com.ph/Looking very nice in its development.

Zazz
Posted
Posted

If searching for a modern sand beach front condo living near where many expats are living, Where to look? Located in cooler climate.... Moving from Pattaya in a month or so

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If searching for a modern sand beach front condo living near where many expats are living, Where to look? Located in cooler climate.... Moving from Pattaya in a month or so

The cooler climates are in the mountains*. Hard to find modern sand beaches there   :)

But there are many mountain places, which are not far from sand beaches by car.

(I'm not interested in most sand beaches, because there are to many people at many of them, so others can give you better recomendations of such combinations.)

*But there are beaches some cooled by sea breeze.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
expatpaulinmy
Posted
Posted

I would have to say that Davao is one of the more promising cities to live in the Philippines right now. With a strict governance, they were able to turn things around and make it a safer place to live in. Crime rate is low and even littering could get you fined. Something that the other metros weren't able to achieve. Kudos to Mayor Duterte!

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

The best city is the one I happen to be in at the moment and I am happy :cheersty:  while I am there lol.

• Like 4