Mail

chico2663
Posted
Posted

Just wanted to ask a question.My girlfriend's parents live in trento,agusan del sur. I would like to send her father a couple hats(reds,bengals and cowboys) and some sunglasses. I have heard that post office goes thru boxes. Not sure if true. What way would someone ship something and feel comfortable that it gets there?Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Send some MORE*  :)  when you send anyway, and send it with Balinkbayan Box**.   Such are send using transport companies and get through (almost) allways.  I guess it WOULDN'T cost more than sending the smaller package by mail. 

*E g some USED hand tools, Such cost normaly almost nothing in a garage/carbooth sale in our home countries , but are better quality than much NEW in Phils.   Check though what's allowed to send in BBs.

**They have (almost) no weight limit, and NO extra cost for higher weight.

A disadvantage though, they are cheap because they are coordinated with other BBs to containers, which normalt make it can take some months.

chico2663
Posted
Posted

should of stated sending from states.wondering what company to use from states. Does anyone know if they go to america?

Sorry.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

My-shoppingbox.com ships air freight direct to anywhere in the Philippines for $5.99 per lb for most items. Takes about 2-3 weeks once they receive it. They had some problems just before xmas but seem to have it sorted out. I've been using them for more than 3 years. Keep the box as small as possible.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Honestly, for light weight items. DHL.

They have a series of boxes good for things like hats and sunglasses.

For bigger stuff, i agree that a balikbayan box is best. LBC are a well known name and they probably have an agency with your nearest Pinoy store....

Edited by Methersgate

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I have heard that post office goes thru boxes. Not sure if true

Yes, the Post office goes through boxes, but in your presence. This is MY EXPERIENCE anyway. I receive a notice through regular mail (like a certified letter receipt in the states). I then go to the post office, hand over the receipt, they get the package and open it in front of me. If  I am receiving something from Amazon for example, they then look at the receipt and charge me VAT (sales tax) which I have to pay before I get the package. If it is multiple items that does not have a receipt with it, they have a book that shows estimated value and you pay tax on that. If its just a hat or two, they look for contraband, give it to you and your on your way