Land Rights Vs Title

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

Hey guys thanks for the info and i appreceiate it.

My Asawa Now has papers in place that state that she is the rights holder of the said property.  She got a total of 244 m sq or 14mx16m lot. last week she had a simple fence installed and since the purchase all the surrounding lots have been aquired and even some houses have started to be built of concrete blocks. My investment is small enough that if for some reason its taken away its not a huge loss and we are willing to take that risk.  Even after we build a house if she gets 3-4 years out of it then it would hae been the same as renting so no a big deal.

My asawa grew up in the flood way of Pasig just outside of Cambrige Village condos and there all are only rights and as I mentioned before the family lived is same house for many years. So that being said the risk is something We are willing to take for now. 

When I retire things will be different as we have a plan with the family to construct a home on the small island that the extended family has lived on for 100,s of years.

again thanks for all this great information 

Hewy09

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
expatpaulinmy
Posted
Posted

I would say land rights or 'tax declarations' is pretty safe. We were able to purchase a raw land in Silang, Cavite and was able to transform this to our nipa hut resthouse. Initially we only got tax decs but later on we were able get the proper land title without any problems  :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
carriecee
Posted
Posted

Hi! I am planning to buy a land in Boso Boso as well. But hesitant about the "rights". Can someone enlighten me what "rights of ownership" means? What's its difference from title? And is it safe to buy a land without title, just rights?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
is it safe to buy a land without title, just rights?

If no problems ever arise then it will work fine.  Nothing about buying land (with or without title) is 'safe' in Philippines.  I would say:  If in doubt, don't buy.  And that advice would be the same with or without a title.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
leaper
Posted
Posted
On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2015 at 2:07 AM, Hewy09 said:

Hey guys thanks for the info and i appreceiate it.

My Asawa Now has papers in place that state that she is the rights holder of the said property.  She got a total of 244 m sq or 14mx16m lot. last week she had a simple fence installed and since the purchase all the surrounding lots have been aquired and even some houses have started to be built of concrete blocks. My investment is small enough that if for some reason its taken away its not a huge loss and we are willing to take that risk.  Even after we build a house if she gets 3-4 years out of it then it would hae been the same as renting so no a big deal.

My asawa grew up in the flood way of Pasig just outside of Cambrige Village condos and there all are only rights and as I mentioned before the family lived is same house for many years. So that being said the risk is something We are willing to take for now. 

When I retire things will be different as we have a plan with the family to construct a home on the small island that the extended family has lived on for 100,s of years.

again thanks for all this great information 

Hewy09

Hi! What are the documents she requested from the seller? We are also in the process of buying a residential lot with rights only but I'm not sure what are the documents that I need to require from the seller. Thank you!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, leaper said:

What are the documents she requested from the seller?

On 3/24/2015 at 5:07 PM, Hewy09 said:

My Asawa Now has papers in place that state that she is the rights holder of the said property.

This is an old thread but it would be great if @Hewy09 were to drop by and tell us how things are going with his Asawa's ownership of the said property.  Did any problems arise over the last few years?  One of the frequent occurrences of any forum is the poster does not give updates years down the road unless reminded :cheers:  Here's a reminder Hewy. 

• Like 1

Howard
Posted
Posted

We owned a couple properties in the Antipolo area with only rights. Some of the nice things about it are you can buy and sell the property by just going to a local notary and have them produce a document that the new owner and seller can sign and it's a done deal. There is also no property taxes to pay if you only have the rights. The bad things are like someone else said, if the government wants to take the lot for road widening or something like that, they will. It happened to some friends in the Cogeo village who lost their roadside restaurant and house. The other is if you want to build something nice you should be hesitant. We have since sold those properties without a problem.

• Like 2