Land Rights Vs Title

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
3/ Stewardship. It's users right for e g 25 years.  Normaly it's forest land and is suppoused to be left back in good shape. The Government is owner.

Thomas, may a house be built on this land?  May it be used be used commercially, i.e. rental/resort? 

Thomas
Posted
Posted

3/ Stewardship. It's users right for e g 25 years.  Normaly it's forest land and is suppoused to be left back in good shape. The Government is owner.

Thomas, may a house be built on this land?  May it be used be used commercially, i.e. rental/resort? 

I don't know.  Steward lands are ment for FORESTRY. Some build own LIVING house (=hut) on such land, BUT then they will LOOSE* it, when the contract ends, if they don't get time extension.

=Similar to how it is when build on LEASED land.

*Not sure if it's allowed to MOVE buildings. I suppouse so IF don't leave junk, opposite to improvements.  I suppouse they don't say ok to get only ruin ground structures.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

When I looked into this way back, you could build a house but it had to be completely removable.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

There is always the possibility someone will contest your rights. In the Philippines, the eviction process can take years. 20 years is not uncommon. In the meantime, enjoy the house your wife plans to build. As my father use to say, "Possession is 90% of the law."

Edited by JJReyes

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

25 year old buildings 50 if extended,  25 is sort of a reach for me, and if the building is prefab will be end of cycle and still maybe moved.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Some get ever longer extensions. It depend of if the land owner WANT to. Perhaps biger risk to NOT get extension, the better house is built   :mocking:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Kindly note that Land Rights usually refer to a property owned by the government using a process somewhat similar to homesteading. If there is a title and protected such as by a fence or with a caretaker, it is private ownership. In some situations, there is also Squatter Rights wherein land abandoned by the owner is taken over by someone else. For example, an owner stopped paying land taxes. Someone else starts paying the taxes and claims ownership.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

There was a case last year near San Carlos, Negros Occ where some politicians  built houses on a nature preserve, like about 50 of them. They were ordered to remove the houses but instead, they, (the guilty parties) had a meeting where they voted that they could keep the houses but not to build or add more.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm curious as to the purchase price of these rights and the square meters involved?

I would "buy" absolutely nothing here that was not just titled but with up to date title, same with a leasing. Even one of the online dating sites warns that you don't want to lease untitled land. Be careful of "paperwork" always check it against registered documents as you don't want to know how easy it would be to fake something and you wouldn't live long enough to recover if you go through the court system. I have also learned that even professionals who deal with such paperwork are not as reliable as you may think.

Exactly!

This is a huge issue in Philippines. Just who owns what land and who exactly holds true title to that land can be very confusing.

I'm curious as to the purchase price of these rights and the square meters involved?

I would "buy" absolutely nothing here that was not just titled but with up to date title, same with a leasing. Even one of the online dating sites warns that you don't want to lease untitled land. Be careful of "paperwork" always check it against registered documents as you don't want to know how easy it would be to fake something and you wouldn't live long enough to recover if you go through the court system. I have also learned that even professionals who deal with such paperwork are not as reliable as you may think.

Exactly!

This is a huge issue in Philippines. Just who owns what land and who exactly holds true title to that land can be very confusing.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I know that sometimes I relate to spain on things but we have to remember legacies left behind.

In the 60's and 70's and still today, 000's of people are having homes confiscated because they are built on land that was not owned by the people who sold it to the buyers, during the reign of Franco (Spain) and Marcos Here, land was taken for future use. Forgotten about in all to many cases. Now as Technology and better Housekeeping in Administration, comes to the Fore, this land raises it's head and the problems that go with it.

People that buy from Plan and/or  use (In many cases) Unscrupulous Agents can and indeed do get their Fingers Burned. In Spain it was OH! Great Cheap land. Lets buy it and build Build, Build, Along Comes a new Administration and "Bang" Oooops sorry you will have to Pull this building Down. It is not your land.

I my self bought a house in Cadiz (Spain) built on Land that was not only Government owned Through tax Default but condemned through Oil Seepage from a local gas Refinery. It happens, The Administrations of both countries just do not know what they actually own until it is too late (For the unsuspecting buyer anyway)

The way the legal System is here and there ( For us anyway) is so long you may as well kiss your money away.

My case is now in it's 8th Year. I was given a 10 year ifso butso on this but even if I win, What do I do with  Condemned land.

The Philippines is no Different, Finding the Legal owner is not easy unless you have the  properly documented titles and yet, So many will buy now and Worry later "Buyer Beware" now has a larger meaning than it ever did before.

JP :tiphat:

Who can I add, is probably one of the very few land Owners (well my Wife) in my Barangay that has land that is totally unchallenged as I write this But... :rolleyes:  Tomorrow is another day. 

• Like 2