Anybody Shipped A Dog From Cebu To The United States?

cebuseminole
Posted
Posted

We have a 4 year old big mutt who is part of the family.

While Our caretaker will take him and take care of him, I am going to miss him tremendously if we leave him behind.

Of course we would have to get somebody to ship him for us after we got settled, but wondering if anybodyhad done before, and about what it would cost.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hard to answer without knowing where you want to take him...

:D

cebuseminole
Posted
Posted

Well, as topic says-want to ship him to US. florida specifically.

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry! Missed the US in the title...

Shipping your pet by air can be completing frustrating lately. Each airline seems to have their own ideas on how go do so, or if you even can! In the past I have found a couple who will only ship your pet if you are onboard the same flight! And it seems they change their policy weekly sometimes... Your best bet is to contact each airline individually that fly the route to where you will be, and ask them!

Edited by i am bob

cebuseminole
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that-I see I didn't have US capitalized so easy to miss.

Well, I would have to ship him after we leave as we have to buy a house when we get there. Using an old friend's address, but I can't ask her to keep our big dog til we fin a house.

He's just a big ole tailwagging mutt, but we have had since a puppy and he's like family.(lol-he thinks he's 1/2 human)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that-I see I didn't have US capitalized so easy to miss.

Well, I would have to ship him after we leave as we have to buy a house when we get there. Using an old friend's address, but I can't ask her to keep our big dog til we fin a house.

He's just a big ole tailwagging mutt, but we have had since a puppy and he's like family.(lol-he thinks he's 1/2 human)

Hehe! I can relate! When I was a young teen, my dog thought he was human! Favorite food? Spaghetti! Served on his own personal plate with a picture of Lassie on it... Sometimes he would go on the garden and pick a tomato or dig up a carrot for a snack!

:D

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have a friend named Dennis who travels between California and Cebu every 4 to 6 months.  He usually brings his dog with him.  Find the dog on Facebook 'Sassy Rose' and send him a message.  He (Dennis) can answer your questions and he will be in Cebu in a week or so.  If you cannot get hold of him send me a PM with your email and I will forward it to Dennis.  He's a nice guy and will tell you what needs to be done.

cebuseminole
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much-will pm you.

jassy
Posted
Posted

We shipped our dog from cebu to japan and back via philippine airlines two years ago.

Now the problem is PAL changed their planes to an airbus 320 last year march. They don't have space for live cargo anymore. So PAL told us that if ever we wanted to ship our dog outside the Philippines again, we would have to connect through manila. Its going to be hard for the dog.

Would be interested to know about this, too.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Some American talked about this 1-2 years ago.

I believe he said the animal has to be put in quarantine a while after arriving to USA. IF so you will have some time to buy a house, before you can get your dog home anyway, if you bring it when you fly to USA yourself.