Why Did You Move To The Philippines

Lou49
Posted
Posted (edited)

the overpopulation, the corruption,

Tongue in Cheek maybe but.......... just How does this affect you personally? 

Corruption is everywhere apart from the BOI (Enough said) but can you tell us how it affects you Directly when we have no rights My area is not Over populated  Plenty of Room to move if I wanted.

I spend half of my time in Canada and hallf in the PI. I can't live in the PI full time cuz the pollution, the nosie, the traffic,

there are 7.000+ islands and many Areas that you have no need to suffer, From what you say you can afford to live in Areas many of can only Dream of. 6 months here = 1 house . 6 months there = 1 more House I get your Drift on the girls, a little Tacky I thought but each to our own.

Just asking and a little saying my Friend.

JP  :tiphat:

Morning All  :morning1:

Ok, I'll answer the questions first. Re the corruption : being agressively asked for tips by security personnel at Manila airport " Where's my tip? You give me tip" ( twice), having stuff confiscated at airport (twice) cuz the official wanted my stuff, taxi drivers with no change, taxi drivers who want extra charge for going uphill,  " laundry tax " cuz the guy has no change, etc. Little things like that just wear me down over time. Re overpopulation : crowds, lineups for everything, traffics jams etc., it just wears me out. Re travel: I was in country for 13 months 2011 / 2012 and I travelled from Baguio to Davao and lots of places in between. After a while a town looks much the same as any other town. Small places are less crowded and polluted than say Cebu City, but i like good cable tv and wifi and since I don't cook I need good restaurants, ((God help me), i like steak dinners and good salads and Pizza Hut and KFC , so small towns are not for me. I do have a house is Canada but when I am in the PI I often stay in hotels and negotiate a monthly rate. If i get bored or unhappy i move on.  Re the topic of this thread: the girls are so pretty and friendly and speak English and that is what brings me back to the Philippines. Cheers.

Edited by Lou49
  • Like 5

John Michael Kane
Posted
Posted

I "moved" here for work, although I won't be staying that long once my business is launched. That being said, I'm open to relocating here longer term, but would have to investigate it more. That's part of the reason why I joined PE! :D

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

the overpopulation, the corruption,

Tongue in Cheek maybe but.......... just How does this affect you personally? 

Corruption is everywhere apart from the BOI (Enough said) but can you tell us how it affects you Directly when we have no rights My area is not Over populated  Plenty of Room to move if I wanted.

I spend half of my time in Canada and hallf in the PI. I can't live in the PI full time cuz the pollution, the nosie, the traffic,

there are 7.000+ islands and many Areas that you have no need to suffer, From what you say you can afford to live in Areas many of can only Dream of. 6 months here = 1 house . 6 months there = 1 more House I get your Drift on the girls, a little Tacky I thought but each to our own.

Just asking and a little saying my Friend.

Morning All  :morning1:

Ok, I'll answer the questions first. Re the corruption : being agressively asked for tips by security personnel at Manila airport " Where's my tip? You give me tip" ( twice), having stuff confiscated at airport (twice) cuz the official wanted my stuff, taxi drivers with no change, taxi drivers who want extra charge for going uphill,  " laundry tax " cuz the guy has no change, etc. Little things like that just wear me down over time. Re overpopulation : crowds, lineups for everything, traffics jams etc., it just wears me out. Re travel: I was in country for 13 months 2011 / 2012 and I travelled from Baguio to Davao and lots of places in between. After a while a town looks much the same as any other town. Small places are less crowded and polluted than say Cebu City, but i like good cable tv and wifi and since I don't cook I need good restaurants, ((God help me), i like steak dinners and good salads and Pizza Hut and KFC , so small towns are not for me. I do have a house is Canada but when I am in the PI I often stay in hotels and negotiate a monthly rate. If i get bored or unhappy i move on.  Re the topic of this thread: the girls are so pretty and friendly and speak English and that is what brings me back to the Philippines. Cheers.

Hey Lou! It sounds like you've got the Big City Blues! I don't blame you for it at all! I'm not sure where in Canada you're from but a lot of what you described I've had similar happen to me in Toronto...! Yes, I even got the "laundry tax" dropped on me once... 3am just off Jarvis.. Anyway, I see Manila as just another Toronto... A good place to avoid if I don't have to be there... Just my personal opinion that works for me... Mind you, if I was in my 20s, if probably prefer to be there instead... Hehe!

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Home is where the heart is......

I always enjoy my stays in PI, it was my intention to eventually move there permanently with my wife of ten years.

Having already purchase land in Cagayan de oro, it now looks like plans to build a house there have changed.

I like the rural area's, my wife likes shopping malls. So till we can find a compromise I aint moving. ( and dont tell me how to wash dishes :unsure: )

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

In a word diving........other pluses came along as well!!!

In a word diving........other pluses came along as well!!!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

In a word diving........other pluses came along as well!!! In a word diving........other pluses came along as well!!!

Heard you,

HEARD You  :hystery:  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I spend half of my time in Canada and hallf in the PI. I can't live in the PI full time cuz the pollution, the nosie, the traffic, the overpopulation, the corruption, and the inefficiencies just grind on me and wear me down. So I go back and forth. What I like about the PI is the girls : ) . Otherwise I would never go there. 

That is pretty much the same for me, although my girls are my wife and two daughters.

• Like 3