Why Did You Move To The Philippines

• 2 weeks later...
WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Hey Steve- Thank you for such a wonderful compliment! My visits to the philippines have filled me with song and poems and I look forward to concentrating on my writing. I told my wife all I need is a room for my music and writing and you can have the whole house. Just shove my food under the door and clean water when I'm thirsty. I wrote a song the other day for her called Cebu Baby, she loved it. I told her I was going to write a bunch of songs and have them recorded by a filipino singer. I'm serious too, that's what I would love to do. I wrote a song called, " Love on the Jeepney ". It's of course about finding love while riding a Jeepney. Anyway Thanks again, where would I be without words and Music!

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

I had 5 young ladies (ages between 12 and 30) waving goodbye and calling out "Goodbye Bob" as i walked down the street... Hopefully they weren't happy because I was leaving!
Bob....You need to change your name from, "I Am Bob" to "Goodbye Bob"

Ether way that's much better than "Hey Joe!"

My wife and I will remain living here in the States until I retire in four or five years. After that we may spend the summers in Philippines as our two boys are still in school. Although owning a simple home there appeals to me I'm not sure if it's practical for us. It's unlikely we will ever live in Philippines full time for us the States is home. But who knows............

Edited by Old55
Add more information

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I very much enjoy the philippine, i spend 9 weeks in canada in a work camp and 3 weeks in the philippines, my gf runs a little shop and when i find the place of land where i would like a house we will probably build with the intention of retiring there someday

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

I was set up in Sri Lanka with a big house, land and a working plantation. Kids got a British education and both went off to the USA, while I continued my work in Saudi. Kids got through college and I was able to retire.

Left Saudi in 2005, but had a few opportunities to go back, but required a new visa each time. It was easier to come here.

Then the women, the low cost of women, living, and then the women and again the women.

I got burned but I got my money's worth. A 56 year old man, hooking up with women, nothing over 30.

I'm now 65, settled down and never want to leave.

Let me rephrase. In any city, if I wanted to, I can be talkng to a girl in the afternoon, starting a relationship by evening. My wife has her own ideas about that and my freedom has been limited. But I'm happy.

• Like 1