Avocados?

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Found one ripe one yesterday in the SM Hypermart. Price was 44P per 500 grams. Going to eat it right now, thanks for the reminder. I love 'em!

Not sure whether to be happy for you or hate you..haha.  I sent the wife out yesterday and they are not in season here now, per the market vendors.  Last year they arrived in early April, but they are saying not until May this year.  ;(  And yeah, they are a healthy fat and we eat them with almost every meal, for the 2-3 months when we can get them.  Of course, wife has to add sugar to her guacamole, but I'm slowly weaning her of that ridiculousness :)

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Very hard to find in Thailand and expensive,i will be in Phils in 3 weeks, so I hope they are full on by then?

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Very hard to find in Thailand and expensive,i will be in Phils in 3 weeks, so I hope they are full on by then?

Hard to tell, and it depends on your region.  After extensive research (2 minutes online), I might be in one of the worst areas to enjoy avocados on a yearly basis.  Hopefully my sweet wife appreciates the huge sacrifice I've made on her behalf.  :D

By the way, mogo51...you must be getting excited by now.  Hope you post in the forum about all your adventures, adjustments, and comparisons to Thailand.  It will surely make for a good read.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Should be quite few around to welcome your arrival. Like many here love them, be it shake or for breki or any way at all.