Here Is Why High Walls Cannot Keep People Out

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Only give 20 days to old owners, make it EASY for THIEVES  = CRAZY LAW.

Sitting thinking about this Thomas, maybe you could link the source of this strange Law ? or is this Hearsay?

JP :tiphat:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
maybe you could link the source of this strange Law ?

Please carefully read my very first post and check the link to the law.  I believe that is what he refers to.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Please carefully read my very first post and check the link to the law.  I believe that is what he refers to.

I just for the life of me believe even here, there  can be such a Law, it defies all logic and reasoning on the pretext of Theft, bees well who knows but Animals albeit domestic or otherwise.

Just saying.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I just for the life of me believe even here, there  can be such a Law,

When I went to meet Azon from Work Yesterday, her sister was there ( DAR Lawyer ) I asked about this and last evening we went to Mamas for Dinner and we discussed this.

Apparently, it was  a Law set up to remove other Peoples Cattle and Livestock from land that is to be sold or Utilized by other Parties with Permissions.

It (she told us) is an old law that needs repealing and/or amending. 

Basically it means that where someone has land that they are going to buy and find Cows Horses or Fowl ect; on it, the buyer Finds out who owns the livestock and such, they are to be informed of the need to move the said items, having now informed the owner of the Livestock that it needs to be moved, the 20 day rule comes in But only AFTER the owner has been Informed. On expiry of the said 20 days the new owner or indeed any owner can then dispose of the Livestock as they wish.

She emphasized the fact of 20 days AFTER informing the owners. If the owner is not found, the Matter should be reported to DAR or the Barangay Captain for Guidance. In fact, the Captain should be consulted in all the matters relating to this. ( he usually knows exactly who owns What) [ In many cases she said, it will be him and/or his family :) said with a smile]

What it does not mean however is that  you can hide the Livestock for 20 days then sell them or eat them. This 20 day Rule only comes into effect AFTER the Owners have been Informed.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Have you considered a career as an investigative reporter, JP?  Well done.  But what about the bees?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

But what about the bees?

As a good NCO or Officer will tell you, I don't know  BUT  we shall uncover the Plot somewhere if we hive about enough. Although if it is a producing Swarm and the owner is a Good keeper, I can't see them being lost/missing for too long. I will have an ask about the little blighters 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

But what about the bees?

Apparently it is not as hard Job to return the swarm back to it's hive but it is not a job i would want to do. According to research, the keeper just gets a look alike Queen Honey bee that has according to the article I read, all the Atributes of the real Queen and puts it into an Empty Hive, the Workers and look outs are fooled at first but by the time it is realized it is Not their actual Queen the bees begin to Fill the hive.

The Workers and lookouts then just Follow the pack as they did when they move into someones else's garden. They did apparently because of a Would be Queen was giving Instructions.So the bees will then be in the rescue hive and Stragglers will follow in Due course when the Swarm is back with their own Queen safely in the Right garden. The would be Queen is then Done away with by the Queens Guard bees.

Oddly ( or not as the case can be) bees can communicate with each other and if enough get confused or are tricked by a would be Queen, a swarm will move and hence this is why they can be Found in another garden.

Again not a Job I would want to do.   

Heres How to do it.post-2148-0-20337200-1426838783.jpgpost-2148-0-45590100-1426838803_thumb.jppost-2148-0-45417100-1426838825_thumb.jppost-2148-0-88154600-1426838855_thumb.jp

And when they are all moved  post-2148-0-62424800-1426838901.jpg  :thumbsup:

Don't you just hate  this idiot and his thirst for realism and answers.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I just for the life of me believe even here, there  can be such a Law, it defies all logic and reasoning on the pretext of Theft, bees well who knows but Animals albeit domestic or otherwise.

It link was what the topic STARTED with   :)

Yes, but that wouldn't be the only crazy in the law system in Phils.  It's MADE to PROTECT THE RICH.  The Spanish made it that, because they were in minority.   E g how they GET AWAY WITH MURDER :1 (103):   

(Most cases of poor murdered don't even get to court even when it's KNOWN who the rich person is.  And when it go to court it's crazy verdicts anyway.  E g the American husband to embassy personal, stabbed to death ON VIDEO, but the RICH murderers didn't got any proper punishment anyway !!!  :bash:

And a foreigner was FOUND being the MURDERER, although he could PROOVE he wasn't even in the country!!!  :1 (103):

Apparently, it was a Law set up to remove other Peoples Cattle and Livestock from land that is to be sold or Utilized by other Parties with Permissions. It (she told us) is an old law that needs repealing and/or amending. Basically it means that where someone has land that they are going to buy and find Cows Horses or Fowl ect; on it, the buyer Finds out who owns the livestock and such, they are to be informed of the need to move the said items, having now informed the owner of the Livestock that it needs to be moved, the 20 day rule comes in But only AFTER the owner has been Informed. On expiry of the said 20 days the new owner or indeed any owner can then dispose of the Livestock as they wish.
  That make sence.

But I don't find the law saying the occupant have to inform the animal owner  (although I hadn't strength to read through all   :)

http://www.chanrobles.com/civilcodeofthephilippinesbook3.htm

Title III. - DONATION

(Other sections about other things as e g WILD animals and land.  Whole 716:

Art. 716. The owner of a swarm of bees shall have a right to pursue them to another's land, indemnifying the possessor of the latter for the damage. If the owner has not pursued the swarm, or ceases to do so within two consecutive days, the possessor of the land may occupy or retain the same. The owner of domesticated animals may also claim them within twenty days to be counted from their occupation by another person. This period having expired, they shall pertain to him who has caught and kept them. (612a)

612a say only    

(612a). PREMISES CONSIDERED, the decision of the Court of Appeals in CA- G.R. SP No. 02247 is REVERSED and SET ASIDE and petitioners Arthur Pajunar  ...
www.chanrobles.com/scdecisions/.../jul1989/gr_77266_1989.php

So still - Hard to claim them back if the owner don't know where they are.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
So still - Hard to claim them back if the owner don't know where they are.

I will inform the DAR and their Lawyers you don't agree with them 

but, from a lawyer I have this,

The complaint in question designates the offense charged as "theft of large cattle." This is the crime defined in Article 310 of the Revised Penal Code, in connection with Article 308 thereof

Art. 308. Who are liable for theft.—Theft is committed by any person who, with intent to gain but without violence against, or intimidation of persons nor force upon things, shall take personal property of another without the latter's consent.

Theft is likewise committed by:

1. Any person who, having found lost property, shall fail to deliver the same to the local authorities or to its owner;

Which is what I said Yesterday from another Lawyer

JP :mocking:

Added new section on receipt of.

Edited by Jack Peterson

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Theft is likewise committed by: 1. Any person who, having found lost property, shall fail to deliver the same to the local authorities or to its owner;
Yes, that clear the other to unclear law.
  • Like 1