Monterey Meatshop

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am worried.  The only decent beef I have found in Philippines has been supplied by Monterey Meatshop.  They have franchises in Cebu, Biliran, Leyte, many other places and until now Dumaguete.

Yesterday I was walking past the Monterey Meat Shop near the boulevard and I noticed they had changed their name.  They are not Monterey any more.  Now I am worried.  Monterey used to supply Robinsons meat department so I could always get good beef there but lately I have noticed the Robinsons beef is crap too.

Has Monterey Meats closed up shop?  Are their other locations still open?  Where to get good beef in Dumaguete now?

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Dave, there are 2 locations in Duma... San Juan St (corner of Rizal) and Lee Plaza. Can't say if they are both open, I just pulled the addresses from their website...

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Sounds like you guys in Phils have the same problems as we have in Thailand. Local Beef and even Pork, is

total rubbish, You can get imported Aussie, NZ beef but it cost the National Debt.

So you live on Chicken and Fish mainly. Still I amused to it, like both chicken and fish so no problem, with

occasional meal of prawns (shrimp) but they are farmed, not sea caught.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yesterday I was walking past the Monterey Meat Shop near the boulevard and I noticed they had changed their name.  They are not Monterey any more.

They did change their name to Monterey Meat Shop Plus with a new look, is that what you see?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Sounds like you guys in Phils have the same problems as we have in Thailand. Local Beef and even Pork, is total rubbish, You can get imported Aussie, NZ beef but it cost the National Debt.

The Monterey beef is aussie.

Monterey pork comes from grain-fed hogs that produce healthy, lean and parasite-free meat. The beef comes from imported Australian cattle fattened with grain and protein concentrates to produce tender and wholesome steaks and other beef cuts.

• Like 1