Luxury Living In The Philippines

Sense
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone, hope this post doesn’t rub people the wrong way..

I run a very successful online business, am interested in relocating to the Philippines from Thailand and would like to know where the best expat living destination would be which has:

1. The best quality of life (luxury condos/villas, good supermarkets, proximity to beaches)

2. Best restaurants

3. The most beautiful, upper class women for a young eligible bachelor to meet

4. Close proximity to a one of the better international airports

5. Safe

Not really a fan of traffic and pollution, but if theres a pocket or a neighbourhood in Manila that I could investigate on my next trip that would be great.

Considering Cebu based on my preliminary research, can anyone make any recommendations there?

Cheers!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Its hard to get everything on the list in one place but for a high class place I would say Makati. Modern clean and bit more expensive.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1. The best quality of life (luxury condos/villas, good supermarkets, proximity to beaches) 2. Best restaurants 3. The most beautiful, upper class women for a young eligible bachelor to meet 4. Close proximity to a one of the better international airports 5. Safe         Not really a fan of traffic and pollution

So many people come to the Philippines looking for a paradise like this.  I have yet to see it.  I suggest you itemize your priorities and individualize the top ten things you are looking for and then we can suggest some places.  Keep the items individual as quality of life, luxury condos, good supermarkets and proximity to beaches do not often come in one package (for example)

If it is not clear then let me itemize what is most important to me and then you will see why I am here:

1: Cost of living (I need to enjoy life on $1,000 a month)

2. Climate (I like a sea breeze and a moderately warm temperature with few typhoons)

3. Social Activites as in a peer group to swap stories with

4. Partnership with a lady (or ladies) I enjoy being with and vice versa.

5. Food.  I need a minimum amount of imported foods and expat style restaurants.

6.  Low cost real estate.  I did not want to rent forever so where could I buy in my budget.

. I don't suppose I need to go on but this list prioritizes what I need for a happy life.  What do YOU need.  

• Like 5

rw191010
Posted
Posted

See my post on Selection Criteria for finding a new place to live in the Philippines.  If you want to live here long term, that will require one full time significant other.  I have yet to find a guy who "plays the field" who ends up happy.  They end up lonely and in most cases...broke.

• Like 4

rw191010
Posted
Posted

Oh, $1,000 per month is unrealistic.  If you plan to buy your meals all the time, you better plan on at least $2000.  I live comfortably on about $5,000 per month....but I travel constantly and have a fiancée and 4 y.o. to support.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Oh, $1,000 per month is unrealistic.  If you plan to buy your meals all the time, you better plan on at least $2000. 

Keep it on the topic of 'the best expat living destination' please.

There are threads dedicated to living expenses and your comments are welcome there.  The subject of budgets has the tendency to pull every thread away from the main theme.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Makati as has been mentioned, Fort Bonifacio (know as The Fort to the locals) and Global City. All in the same general area. That's pretty much where the moneyed younger set hangs out.

But the best match to all of your requirements is Boracay. You have to take a boat to the airport though

• Like 4

Jumper0155
Posted
Posted

If you are running an online business, you may wish to add reliable internet service to your list as that is not a given in much of the Philippines.

• Like 5