Luxury Living In The Philippines

bows00
Posted
Posted

So maybe the question he is asking is... "If you had money to burn, where in the Philippines would you want to live?"...

Well... then probably Boracay? But even at then, the area is so commercialized now so you would be missing out on some of the cultural experiences. I think if I had money to burn, I would consider living in other countries too..

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

1. The best quality of life (luxury condos/villas, good supermarkets, proximity to beaches) 2. Best restaurants 3. The most beautiful, upper class women for a young eligible bachelor to meet 4. Close proximity to a one of the better international airports 5. Safe         Not really a fan of traffic and pollution

So many people come to the Philippines looking for a paradise like this.  I have yet to see it.  I suggest you itemize your priorities and individualize the top ten things you are looking for and then we can suggest some places.  Keep the items individual as quality of life, luxury condos, good supermarkets and proximity to beaches do not often come in one package (for example)

If it is not clear then let me itemize what is most important to me and then you will see why I am here:

1: Cost of living (I need to enjoy life on $1,000 a month)

2. Climate (I like a sea breeze and a moderately warm temperature with few typhoons)

3. Social Activites as in a peer group to swap stories with

4. Partnership with a lady (or ladies) I enjoy being with and vice versa.

5. Food.  I need a minimum amount of imported foods and expat style restaurants.

6.  Low cost real estate.  I did not want to rent forever so where could I buy in my budget.

. I don't suppose I need to go on but this list prioritizes what I need for a happy life.  What do YOU need.  

Wow are we related

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Hope this post does not rub you the wrong way.  Each of us has our own reasons for living here and I have not met anyone who has a list of requirements quite like yours.  The Philippines is a third world country and will continue to be so, at least in the near term.  If you are as successful as you claim, and cost is no object, I would suggest you do some additional research and find a more modern country that would live up to your expectations.  That is assuming you are not expecting to be the "big fish in a small pool"?

• Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1. The best quality of life (luxury condos/villas, good supermarkets, proximity to beaches) 2. Best restaurants 3. The most beautiful, upper class women for a young eligible bachelor to meet 4. Close proximity to a one of the better international airports 5. Safe

I think Alabang supplies all these except the beaches.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Personaly think the OP would be better staying right where he is.........

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

love, family, and friends. some redhorse, sm, and laughter, the rest can be worked out

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

some redhorse, sm, and laughter,

I'll Drink to that my Friend  post-2148-0-33974100-1426681389.jpg OR  post-2148-0-96639400-1426681409.jpg  take your pick cos you is payin  :thumbsup:  :hystery:

Jack P. :tiphat: :cheers:

Curley
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone, hope this post doesn’t rub people the wrong way..

I run a very successful online business, am interested in relocating to the Philippines from Thailand and would like to know where the best expat living destination would be which has:

1. The best quality of life (luxury condos/villas, good supermarkets, proximity to beaches)

2. Best restaurants

3. The most beautiful, upper class women for a young eligible bachelor to meet

4. Close proximity to a one of the better international airports

5. Safe

Not really a fan of traffic and pollution, but if theres a pocket or a neighbourhood in Manila that I could investigate on my next trip that would be great.

Considering Cebu based on my preliminary research, can anyone make any recommendations there?

Cheers!

With your requirements and finances I would not look at the Phils but at the Poblado area, Medellin, Colombia.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

Just curious, how much money (per month) are we talking about? If you make $20,000US per month, you could have that life style right where I live, on Oahu...

• Like 1

Midniterider
Posted
Posted

Something is wrong with this picture. Why come from Thailand in the first place if cost of living is not the determining factor since world class internet is available there to here which is absolutely the worst internet service in Asia ? 

1. The best quality of life (luxury condos/villas, good supermarkets, proximity to beaches)

Singapore wins hands down, and what happened to Phuket ? Georgetown, Malaysia ? 

2. Best restaurants

The food here is fairly bad, service is an unknown and unheard of concept, most attempts at international cuisine are simply the Philippine's version of what they like and imagine another might be, and again Singapore and Kuala Lumpur are the benchmarks on the opposite side of the spectrum. You will never find any authentic Thai food here, or any authentic Thai massage for that matter. 

3. The most beautiful, upper class women for a young eligible bachelor to meet

About the only thing one can remark is indisputably available but you may be surprised that while upper class women have no interest in Westerners or expats you're the cat's meow to the other 90%. 

4. Close proximity to a one of the better international airports

No such animal. "After being crowned worst three years in a row, Manila's Ninoy Aquino International Airport has this year lost its place at the bottom of the heap to Pakistan's Islamabad Benazir Bhutto International."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/20/travel/worst-airports-2014-sleeping-in-airports/

http://www.cheatsheet.com/life/10-worst-airports-in-the-world.html/?a=viewall

5. Safe

While crime stats are pretty much a state secret or simply not reported, there is no really secure area other than the couple hundred square meters of a guarded & gated (the two are not mutually compatible most of the time) subdivision. You may not have the grubby hands of the now corrupt Thai tourist police reported to be looking for handouts but corruption is endemic here where the patrolman kicks up to the sergeant, the sergeant kicks up to the lieutenant, and so on. Armed security guards in white shirts are everywhere but many of them have no rounds for their sidearms, and the police have no gas for their patrol vehicles (where is this not common in the developing world?). 

Parts of Mindanao are currently in open civil war that has been erupting irregularly for many years and the "peace process" has broken down and may be doomed. 

Heymar 'Wulfgar' Reinhardt: "There is no security."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLPlzDny7S4

"There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity." General Douglas MacArthur

• Like 1