Online Poker - Gambling? Addiction? Or Income Possibility?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

they just go for best odds, and can "think" much faster than humans...

Computers don't think Thomas, the act on what a programmer tells is to do when it is programmed.

That's why I had put the   "    "    marks   :)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Can any of the online poker players recommend a 'coaching' program that runs alongside your hands, gives you the odds and recommendations along with keeping track of the hands you've played to analyze trends?  Heck, maybe I could even get a piece of software to play the hand for me and then I can leave the game running and make money while I sleep  :hystery:

But as to those guys who say the games are fixed to favor beginners, I concur.  For the first 2 days it seemed like I could not lose and on the 3rd day I could not get a winning hand.  Same style of play for all three days.  Might be just a slump or there might be something to that 'game fixing'.

EDIT:  When I go online and search for these 'coaching' programs I found one of the top online sites has a list of 30 or more of the 'legal and authorized' software programs and another list of 30 or more of the 'prohibited' software programs.  Hmmmm.  Which to choose.  And the saga goes on.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Can any of the online poker players recommend a 'coaching' program that runs alongside your hands, gives you the odds and recommendations along with keeping track of the hands you've played to analyze trends?  Heck, maybe I could even get a piece of software to play the hand for me and then I can leave the game running and make money while I sleep  :hystery:

But as to those guys who say the games are fixed to favor beginners, I concur.  For the first 2 days it seemed like I could not lose and on the 3rd day I could not get a winning hand.  Same style of play for all three days.  Might be just a slump or there might be something to that 'game fixing'.

so what have you won so far,????

Thomas
Posted
Posted
For the first 2 days it seemed like I could not lose and on the 3rd day I could not get a winning hand.
So perhaps it can be a good strategy to play only 2 days, and then  SWITCH to OTHER poker site...   :)
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
so what have you won so far,????

Played in a tournament for 4 hours last night.  380 entrants. $2 to enter.  Finished in 19th place.  Won $7.  I'm gonna get so rich at that rate  :36_1_68[1]:  Well maybe I'm not gonna get rich but it beats losing.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Can any of the online poker players recommend a 'coaching' program that runs alongside your hands

Try Hold em Manager and/or Table Ninja.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)

but its FUN

That the key to it IMHO Dave. If your having fun, go for it. But like any business, once the business starts loosing money? Time to padlock the doors and move on. Good luck and have fun

Edited by scott h
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Using this strategy I have accumulated a small bank of $35. Its incredibly small for the time commitment as this consumes about 30 to 40 hours a week of my time, but its FUN.
Exactly! 

Very bad pay per hour, so bad for EARNING. Theese tournaments with comparingly low prices have easier competition than the tournaments where the profesional/good players participate normaly.

But as you say, it's fun for you. Not many hobbies earn money   :)

• Like 1

softail
Posted
Posted

Just a question. Remember "lovestowinalot" a former member? Ask him how he is doing.