Enjoying Your Life

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Most of us chaps i would say are older then our partners, so when the lets have babies talk came along what was your thoughts,

Yes if i was younger and did not have my plans in place a child between us would have been on the cards, but having a child is long term not just a night of fun,

So what would your answers be now you are a little wiser and a lot older too, plus  what do you use as protection too, or is that down to the women or do you just let what will happen , happen, or does it not happen now, and if your partner did get pregnant would it be a blessing or what

• Like 4

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

I m not seeking it, but if it happens well I never held a baby I didn' t like and as they show there personality, I always wonder where have you been hiding all this time.

• Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I had the snip about 15 years ago. I personally would not want another child at my age but It was discussed with my SO, who is 43, and it seems we are on the same page regarding this.

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

The plan is to get 2 kids  (or perhaps 3 if the first 2 are same sex and any of my wife or I want the other type any much.  It depend some of how old I will be when have got 2   - if there will be any. I suppouse my swimmers aren't as fertile as for a teenager   :)

If my wife became pregnant EASY by me, then I will snip after 2 (3) 

but if she didn't became pregnant any easy, then I don't bother to snip. No catastophy if we get ONE "extra" kid.

Plan to use protection ONLY to avoid to get the children TO CLOSE in age to each other.  (4 years difference is ideal normaly, but I suppouse better speed up some  :)   because of my age, so I suppouse aiming at 2 years difference.)

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

At least you get to double your SS if you're retired and have a kid.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

Wow.. at 62??!! I feel exhausted just thinking about it. But there are financial advantages of being an old daddy.

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Wow.. at 62??!! I feel exhausted just thinking about it. But there are financial advantages of being an old daddy.

Not in all countries.  As far as I know in Sweden it's only:

/some child care months free from work for fathers too (but I believe that's only if living in Sweden).

/and SOME of my retirement pay (around 60 % if 2 kids) go to support the kids until they are 18, IF i DIE   :) 

So if I'm still alive when the kids become 19, then there will be NOTHING extra when living abroad  (outside EU)

while them living in Sweden get rather much money for each child each month, much subsidesed health care and school...  but Sweden will still take tax for my incomes   (Not work income in Phils, but for retirement pay and incomes I get from investments my Swedish company make in PHILS.)  :th_unfair:

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Please tell me what they are, Because I dont know of any,,,,,Only more costs

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you are already in your 60's, chances are you won't see your son or daughter graduate from college. Better make sure you have sufficient assets to leave behind for your spouse because she needs money to pay the bills until graduation.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 5