Enjoying Your Life

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I raised my sons without a mother, We divorced and I got full custody of my sons, They have not had contact with her since then, And they have managed quite well without her in their life, I took my sons out of school when they were aged about 10 and 12 as I thought the school wasn't doing a good enough job with them, I taught them myself all the things I thought they needed to know about life, They both now have their own businesses and make between 1000 and 1500 Pounds a week salary, So Kids can do ok with just one parent in their life,

Right on....my mother was youngest of 7 (father died when she was almost 1), and they all achieved great things in life.  But that's America 1940's. Different world today.

I raised my sons without a mother, We divorced and I got full custody of my sons, They have not had contact with her since then, And they have managed quite well without her in their life, I took my sons out of school when they were aged about 10 and 12 as I thought the school wasn't doing a good enough job with them, I taught them myself all the things I thought they needed to know about life, They both now have their own businesses and make between 1000 and 1500 Pounds a week salary, So Kids can do ok with just one parent in their life,

Good luck to you , Brock.  Hope you live to be 80!  Recently watched my niece and nephew say goodbye to their mother (my sister).  They were just 10 and 16.  I hope I will never put my kids through that, at that age.  

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Some people can handle losing a parent better at a younger age... I know myself this is true! I lost my father not quite one year ago... He was 87 and I was 56 at the time... Maybe because I saw too much death when I was younger and now I understand mortality better? Who knows! But to have the chance to bring a new life into this world, some one I would love and receive that love back unconditionally... Someone who could possibly help make this world better for many others... I don't think that is being selfish...

• Like 4

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Didn't plan for it, wasn't expecting it, but dam proud to be a Dad at 59! Additionally I honestly believe I am a better Dad now, than I was with my first marriage. Having said that I know having a Filipina for a wife has helped me be a better Dad this time around.

No regrets, and yes JJ is right, you definitely need to look into what they will live on, and how they will cope when I am not around, but then that also has been a good thing, for all of us!

Papa Carl

• Like 5

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I forgot to add the picture of my little girl.

Chiya Portrait Aug 16 2014

• Like 5

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Fe's cousin lives in Daytona, just turned 48?? +/-  husband is 90, retired Major, priest has had all seven sacraments.  For the non Catholics that is very unusual. This is his second marriage, Daughters by others in both, both adopted, both with college degrees older in Fil younger in San Diego, married and happy as is Jim.   Quite the gentleman, and man served in two wars and many hot areas, left the priesthood after the service, after 65 years old.  Pope allowed marriage to first wife with annulment by himself.  After first passed married present wife brought to States sent to school to pass Florida nursing exam, and still when we drive to visit (he hasn't visited us for 2 years)   has the grill fired and the SMB cold.  Only time I've seen him upset was just before daughter married, was leaving service to marry Chief Petty Officer,  thought he should leave instead.  He did come around because 15 years  is much closer to retirement than 2.  Everyone is taken care of now and do not believe he has any regrets, and why should he or any man.  Just do what you can,  most people are not evil.  Being a good Catholic boy I can't believe in Karma, rather look forward to a bit of Scotch, sip of red, and a cold brew with the good folks I have known.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Odd as it may seem kids, look at things so differently to us but do they? did we not look at things differently to our parents. My Adopted daughter here since aged 8 (now coming up to 16) says things that make me sit and Wonder, I have often told the parts of life here to some on line and in person but there are things that we forget and only remember when we read Topics like this.

Before I came along, my Wife was a one Parent family and had done a damned good job of bringing up our Princess on her own. Juggling a Full time job and a baby through to 8 years old. Can not have been easy for her, the family never really helped as TM was a secret for many years, anyway, not too long ago, we had been discussing how we had developed as a family and although TM never went with out much, life was/is far better now that before but and don't you just hate those But's. We had a family disagreement about something or other and a row brewed for a few days.

Long and short of it was that when I ( In one of those angry man Moods) said Hmmmmm it will be different story at pay day, ( pension that is) So in the End I said to TM so babe,  will you miss me when I am gone. Course I will, Who will give me away at my Wedding, Mama said there are days that it is the Only thing I should need from you. (Out of Mouths of babes springs to mind here)

All was over in a day or two and things as always got back to Normal but I write this because when we talk about Children, those we have, those we Inherit Will always bring joy and happiness no matter which side they sometimes take in things.

Only on Sunday she ™ said to me Daddy, will you still be here in May, will we share our Birthday parties Together as usual? :rolleyes: OH! Where am I going then? Oh I don't know and Mama says you say silly things sometimes, so I just wondered. :)

Kids can make you Mad, Sad, Smile and sometimes Insane but what is life without Kids.

I like Kids I used to go to school with some but I cant eat a whole one, fridge half (always good on the second day, like a good stew)

We always said that if it happened it happened  but as of Today it hasn't.

I really do feel so sorry for those that can't have children but who knows, some foreigner may come along with a new Business, "Rent a Kid" Good for holidays and fun Weekends.

Moral of my little Story here is:

Don't knock it till you have tried it.

JP :tiphat:

Adjusting text lines

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
 Only on Sunday she ™ said to me Daddy, will you still be here in May

It would make me wonder what she hears in a language that you do not understand.  Or perhaps its just the way kids are.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
 Or perhaps its just the way kids are.

It is the way this one can be but then, that's why I am always cautious about English not being Spoken at home.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Or perhaps its just the way kids are.

It is the way this one can be but then, that's why I am always cautious about English not being Spoken at home.

Funny you say that, English spoken at home, Tagalog is shouted at home it seems

• Like 1