Baby On Balikbayan Visa.?

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
Surely on top of this from Bob a Late Birth Report at NSO ?

That is what we did when my daughter was 4 years old.   We are in the US and completed the form "Report of Birth Abroad".  There is a question on the form "Why late registration"?  I simply stated we were not aware of the need until we decided to relocate in the PI in a few years.  No Problem.  Of course like other said, you can then get a Philippine passport.

spelling correction

Edited by intrepid
  • Like 1

Whitty
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the replies . Jack has his own passport and visa that has been stamped when we arrived in Manila that says he can stay until Feb 2016 . As it is his passport and his visa, was thinking when his mum and I leave for Australia in May 2015 ,it will not affect this .However I have been wrong before .

Surely on top of this from Bob a Late Birth Report at NSO ?

How do we report this ? I found a form online and have printed it . What else do we need ?

Jus Sanguinis, which the Philippines adheres to, is the legal principle that, at birth, the child assumed the nationality of his or her parents. So, pop in with mom's birth certificate and Philippine passport to BI and get your son registered as a Philippine citizen!

:D

Assuming BI stands for Bureau of Immigration . Our nearest City is across the Tanon Strait in Dumaguete . Is there an office there?

Thanks again all for your help...Will make Jack's Philippine passport and or dual citizenship my focus now.

Will it be easier to get this done in Philippines or when we are in Australia.?

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
How do we report this ? I found a form online and have printed it . What else do we need ?

We filed ours at the Philippine Embassy in Washington DC.  We filed through Post mail.

Should be instructions on same page with the form.  If I remember you may need the the childs birth certificiate as well as both parents and marriage certificiate.  And also a small fee of course!

Edited by intrepid
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
As it is his passport and his visa, was thinking when his mum and I leave for Australia in May 2015 ,it will not affect this .However I have been wrong before .

When a foreigner is given a BB visa (waiver) on entry with his Filipina wife, if the wife leaves the country, I believe that the foreigner has no BB visa/waiver and is an illegal alien.

Same as when the Filipina wife passes away, the foreigner needs to get a tourist visa as whatever he had before went with her.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

As it is his passport and his visa, was thinking when his mum and I leave for Australia in May 2015 ,it will not affect this .However I have been wrong before .

When a foreigner is given a BB visa (waiver) on entry with his Filipina wife, if the wife leaves the country, I believe that the foreigner has no BB visa/waiver and is an illegal alien.

Same as when the Filipina wife passes away, the foreigner needs to get a tourist visa as whatever he had before went with her.

Oh what a tangled Web we will weave here, Firstly, Jack has been Granted a One Year waiver to remain in the Country he will be safe until the BB Expires. Then the problems will start.

Secondly, there is a compassionate granting of the Continuance of the 13a after the Wifes death, this lasts until the Foreigner remarries and then it will cease.( I have a friend who has had this happen.

Thirdly  @ Whitty. There is only a Field office BOI in Dumaguete. No DFA and it is the DFA you will need. Also bearing in Mind that you Jack will need his Mother here in the Philippines to file for a late report and application for a Philippine Passport. 

I don't mean to sound harsh but What are you playing at. Get to the DFA explain the Situation. It is march 23 rd with Holy Week Coming up. You really do need to get a move on, Leaving Jack here is not a good thing, The Last thing either of you need is to be accused of Abandoning Jack. If you just can't get things done before it is time for you to Leave, take Jack back with you and Sort it out at the Philippine Embassy in Aus. Your Wife's Family cannot do anything about Registrations, Extensions or Late reporting because  the mother is not here.

Whitty, one big Question that I know we all are just waiting to ask, Why? have you left all this so late?

http://www.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/requirements-for-delayed-registration-of-report-of-birth

Although this is primarily for Manila, I would suspect it will apply to Cebu

Whitty, I wish you well on this but Please don't leave it any later my friend. We are here to help but this is now beyond us and is for the Authorities.

JP :tiphat:

Revised Link

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Secondly, there is a compassionate granting of the Continuance of the 13a after the Wifes death, this lasts until the Foreigner remarries and then it will cease.

Can the foreigner then just change the name of the spouse on his 13a? Is it also that their house, in her name, has to be sold within one year? Or somehow, put the house in the recent wife's name.

You may recall the foreigner whose wife passed away, then he was with her niece for a time then now he is married to the sister of the late wife after paying 1M plus costs to the niece over a fight between the two. Same house. No idea about the visa. Also, the recent wife is pregnant now and not from him as he has had a vasectomy. Another tangled web.

Sorry Whitty, we got away from the baby topic but you know, us guys ramble.

Whitty
Posted
Posted

Dear Jack,

Thanks for your advise. My name is Richard .We arrived back in Samboan Feb 12 . Only recently became aware of the need for registering the birth with Philippines  . I am really struggling with this issue . We will leave for Cebu City asap and try to sort something out .

Thanks again

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We will leave for Cebu City asap and try to sort something out .

My Pleasure, that's what we are here for to help. Unfortunately, the Agencies here are not always as  accommodating. Later only, is a keyword of the Filipino and usually later only is too late.

Hit the BOI and the DFA taking as much information as you can. Jack has a right to a Filipino culture as well as an Ozzy one,  The NSO will come into it somewhere as he will need a PI Birth Certificate if the other road is too Long, But, DFA will tell you exactly what to Do.

Good Luck and Please, keep us informed as it is always good to have hard facts to fall back on for the Future. :thumbsup:

BTW tell Little Jack that when he is a Big Jack, he can buy this Jack a beer or two. :cheers:

Dumaguete is only 30 mins across the water from Dalguete, if you have time Pop over for a beer or two.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Can the foreigner then just change the name of the spouse on his 13a? Is it also that their house, in her name, has to be sold within one year?

In a Word No. It was your 1st wife that petitioned for your 13 a your new wife would have to do her own Petition.

As to the house, I too thought this until a lawyer dug me out this Article.  Self Explanatory really

http://philfaqs.com/i-heard-a-foreigner-can-inherit-land-in-the-philippines/ To me, if you start transferring house Titles you will end up with a Larger Pack at your heels.

Sorry Boss I know this is off Topic but as the Question was asked, So  I answered 

I have given my self 100 lines  :rolleyes:  post-2148-0-87154200-1427087265_thumb.gi

JP :tiphat:  :thumbsup:

Whitty
Posted
Posted

Dear Jack,

We have been photocopying as per the requirements you found from Manila . We will leave tomorrow morning.A big thank you for the wake up call ..Without that may have just floated along without action .

"BTW tell Little Jack that when he is a Big Jack, he can buy this Jack a beer or two.

Dumaguete is only 30 mins across the water from Dalguete, if you have time Pop over for a beer or two."

Would like to send you a photo of "little Jack" .but don't know how to do it...unless I have your email address.....

Will let you know how we get on....We are often in Dumaguete...would like to have a beer with you...thanks for the invitation..

Cheers