Can You Live On 7,000,000 Pesos Per Year?

jpbago
Posted
Posted

That's right. 7 million pesos. Some people here in GOCC make that and more. That is roughly 20,000p per day each and everyday of the year. Imagine that. The highest is 12 million for the president of BSIS, the government insurance company. This is after Aquino put a cap of 3 million on their salaries. look at some of the allowances like for pets, for child's birthday, for groceries, for food, for rice, for end of year groceries, etc. Pages and pages of allowances.

http://cnnphilippines.com/videos/2015/03/20/CNN-Philippines-Investigates-Perks-paychecks-of-GOCC-officials.html

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Pages and pages of allowances.  

I bet some of them Still say, "No Budget for that dear"

JP :tiphat:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I know, for those of us who live here and see how some folks get by on P300 or less, it seems obscene. But if we look at it objectively P7Mil comes out to about USD 160,000. I did a search and the director of the IRS (internal revenue service, our tax collectors) he makes about USD250,000 (with out bonuses) The head of the American post office (which is basically a GOCC in the states) makes around USD 277,000------------all this while the United States minimum wage is under USD16,000, the variance is huge.

But the bottom line is that if you want quality people (and I am not silly enough to say that ALL senior government officials in the Philippines are QUALITY :unsure: ) you have to pay them enough to keep them from the private sector.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I could probably die on 7 mil per year.How much San Miguel would that buy.

But you do LIVE on that, I know all about the Roof Lead post-2148-0-77295200-1427087992.jpg

and Copper  Piping Matey post-2148-0-82481400-1427088021_thumb.jp  :hystery:

Then I wonder why I got NO Friends. :no:  :mocking:

It's OK folk's we good friends really.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I could live on it easily... for one hell of a weekend.   Oh, but what a way to go  :tiphat:

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
But the bottom line is that if you want quality people (and I am not silly enough to say that ALL senior government officials in the Philippines are QUALITY :unsure: ) you have to pay them enough to keep them from the private sector.
Well. The problem is public bosses are paid much, when they are CRAP too - and most public bosses ARE crap, which the private sector DON'T WANT...

Of course the private sector get bad bosses too, but it's kind of self cleaning, because if the private sector keep to many bad bosses to long time, then they go bankruptcy...  :mocking:

E g one of my friends, who plan to follow me moving to Phils - IF he see I survive there  :lol:   - work in the central IT office for the public region. It's ment to handle all systems for that public region. They are very well paid, crazy much for the bosses, although they don't have work enough, because many of the public subsections have opened OWN IT sections, because they find the central being terrible, e g building systems, which don't suit to each other! And the staff feel very bad, because of the bad treatment they get from the bosses. Recently the bosses made a "Crisis solution" by adding MORE bosses of same crap quality... But the crap bosses go on geting crazy high salaries, although they are worth ZERO...  :1 (103):

In the public sector it's NORMAL the bosses keep the GOOD workers DOWN, because the crap bosses are scared of being PASSED if they let the good workers show how much better things can be done.

(Compare: After High school I got employment as worker in a private company. Almost direct I were offered the Planning boss work (long subtitution), although I HADN'T APPLY to it, because they had seen how much faster than average I got things done.)

According to researches (in Sweden) employed in the public sector get "burned out" much MORE often than in the private sector, although the public sector get much LESS DONE.  Around 20 years ago I told it depend of the bad bosses, and recently a scientistic research reached the same conclusion:  

People DON'T get "burned out" by high work speed, they get it by get demand pressures WITHOUT geting the power control to solve it.  That's a typical description of how most public bosses lead...  :mocking:

(In the private sector in Sweden is the common the OPPOSITE  = "Flat" organisations   =The bosses decide the BIG things and tell how things CAN be done, but DELEGATE the deciding of the DETAILS to the WORKERS, because they are closest to the action.

In most cases I don't even bother when and how much my workers ARE at work, I bother how much they DO...)

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

How many bags and shoes could one buy for that amount

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

How many bags and shoes could one buy for that amount

Ask the dictator wife Imelda Marcos...  :bash:

• Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

I

if a person couldn t live on it in phils then .........I m at a loss for words to describe my unbelief