Hoping For New Life In The Philippines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

If you guys getting an Age Aus pension dont mind, can you share with us what it works out to be monthly. If you dont want to post it then fine or perhaps consider sending me a PM as I am curious of the difference compared to what those living in Aus get.

I will need to work till I'm 90 before I can retire at the rate I'm going.  :unsure:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If you guys getting an Age Aus pension dont mind, can you share with us what it works out to be monthly. If you dont want to post it then fine or perhaps consider sending me a PM as I am curious of the difference compared to what those living in Aus get.

I will need to work till I'm 90 before I can retire at the rate I'm going.  :unsure:

And, Boss, perhaps we should start a new thread for that one?

:D

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find an abundance of useful information from the members. Certainly if you head up my way (Angeles) let me know, and I will be glad to show you around.

Papa Carl

• Like 2

gusincebu
Posted
Posted

personally I dont mind ..hope the other guys dont ! The bare-bones basic age pension , payable to those who choose to live outside Australia, and forgo all the extra,s is Aud $ 1597 .thats paid 4 weekly . Either into your bank in Australia, or they will even pay direct into your Philippines Bank account, once you have one, and can provide them with the account and transfer details. When the exchange rate was hovering around 40p , that equated to approx 60k peso ..now its less. :(

• Like 1

reddingo
Posted
Posted

Yes gusincebu has it right that is what an Aussie pensioner gets. So just depends on the exchange rate on what you actually get. I am now trying to find out how long I can be away before losing Medicare.

• Like 1