The New Phone Aka Daddys New Toy

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

as a SMART postpaid account holder, I recently availed myself of a "free"phone to extend my services,

WELL i am so excited about it, I just dont know how to even use it, :1 (103):

(just like programming a VCR who knows how to do that_)

My point of this topic is,,

WHAT can you do with all these AMAZING features...

MEMBERS of the forum help me and others who are in this situation    :any-help:

yes i know it has a ENCRYPTION service but...

how to use it is another thing i am trying to figure      :e3358:   

thanks in advance to those who reply. 006Alcatel_Pop_C9_35833826_1.jpg

Gator
Posted
Posted
My point of this topic is,, WHAT can you do with all these AMAZING features... MEMBERS of the forum help me and others who are in this situation yes i know it has a ENCRYPTION service but... how to use it is another thing i am trying to figure

If you're serious then it might help to know what the make and model is.

Search for "how to" vids on You Tube as well as a Google search for "tips and tricks".

Find a 6 year old and have him/her explain it as they always seem to know more about gadgets then anyone. :)

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Charge it mate, often.. They're not like the old NiMH and NiCd batteries that required frequent full discharge/recharge to avoid developing a memory.  Letting a Li-ion battery fully run down is actually bad for it and will reduce its life.  

More info here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/169669/debunking-battery-life-myths-for-mobile-phones-tablets-and-laptops/

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There are a gazillion apps you can get for your phone... But put too many on and either your phone will run slow (until you learn how to easily kill the app) or you won't use many of them. So be selective of which apps you install! Only look for what you want and, if not sure, either give it a short try or pass...

Encryption on a phone is useless. I can break it on your phone within 30 seconds without any tools. If anything, password protect your phone and, if available, use your manufacturer's tools for bricking your phone if lost or stolen. Never save passwords for sites you don't want anyone else to access... Bank accounts, etc. If you have trouble remembering passwords, don't write them on a note page straight off.. Use a code. For example, one I use to use had the code "sing the whole song". The password was "mikea1l" or mike (my middle name) and the word all but spelt a1l (1 replaced an l)... Sure, someone might break it but by then you should know your phone is missing and you've hopped on a PC to have your phone bricked.

And, yes, keep your phone charged! Anytime you see the battery indicator in the red and get the message that your phone may not operate unless charged soon? You are about to brick your phone from which there is no return! Killed my Nexus 4 that way...

There is lots of other info online you can find as well. Read the user reviews for your phone... But when you see a complaint, only one complaint is usually a troll... A couple complaints may be trolls or a rare issue... Multiple complaints means something doesn't work right so make sure all your updates are done!

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
If you're serious then it might help to know what the make and model is.

forgive me I had forgot that. its a ALCATEL ONE TOUCH POP D5 like the Review-Alcatel-Pop-D5-SpecPhone-005.jpg