Crack Down On Car Registration Starts Today

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

A Quezon City motorist said the LTO should first resolve the issuance of license plates.

The above makes sense  :)

No vehicle registration, no travel’ starts today

MANILA, Philippines - Starting today, enforcers and deputized agents of the Land Transportation Office (LTO) will apprehend violators of the agency’s “no registration, no travel” policy.

Four-wheeled motor vehicles not registered with the LTO will not be allowed to travel, LTO spokesman Jason Salvador said yesterday.

Salvador said vehicles without license plates, especially brand new ones, would be pulled over by LTO agents.

He said drivers of new vehicles can evade apprehension if they will be able to present valid registration papers such as official receipt (OR) and certificate of registration (CR).

Under the joint administrative order of the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board and LTO, owners of unregistered vehicles will be fined P10,000. Drivers caught by LTO enforcers will be made to pay P1,000.

Motorists who will be able to present OR-CR will be fined P5,000 for failure to put their license plates on their car.Among the authorized deputized agents are members of the Philippine National Police and LTO trained enforcers.

Based on an LTO advisory published in The STAR, LTO enforcers and deputized agents in complete uniform with valid identification cards and carrying temporary operators permit are authorized to apprehend violators of the no registration, no travel policy.

Salvador warned motorists against dealing with fake LTO agents.

Violators will be issued “pink tickets” upon apprehension.

“If they will not issue pink tickets, they are not our deputized agents,” the LTO official said, adding the policy should have been implemented in August 2014.

Motorists who will bribe deputized enforcers will be slapped with additional charges.

LTO enforcers and deputized agents found guilty of receiving bribes from erring motorists will face administrative charges and dismissal from government service.

Some netizens, however, criticized the LTO policy.

A Quezon City motorist said the LTO should first resolve the issuance of license plates.

“The government’s no registration, no travel policy is nonsense,” Robert Tajonara posted on his Twitter account.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Quote A Quezon City motorist said the LTO should first resolve the issuance of license plates.
I wonder what would happen if ALL car drivers

ignore and drive anyway, sue LTO for the inconvinience, refuse to pay the tickets and send them to LTO.

Then LTO would drown in pink tickets :mocking:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I wonder what would happen if ALL car drivers ignore and drive anyway, sue LTO for the inconvinience, refuse to pay the tickets and send them to LTO. Then LTO would drown in pink tickets

Thomas. my Fine Friend, When you eventually arrive her to Live full time, I will be the first to say "WELCOME" to the Philippines and buy you what ever you would like to Drink with me. :thumbsup: Then we can discuss this sort of issue :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Starting today, enforcers and deputized agents of the Land Transportation Office (LTO) will apprehend violators of the agency’s “no registration, no travel” policy.

Now THATS a good April Fools Joke.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Now THATS a good April Fools Joke.

If Only

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I wonder what would happen if ALL car drivers ignore and drive anyway, sue LTO for the inconvinience, refuse to pay the tickets and send them to LTO. Then LTO would drown in pink tickets

Thomas. my Fine Friend, When you eventually arrive her to Live full time, I will be the first to say "WELCOME" to the Philippines and buy you what ever you would like to Drink with me. :thumbsup: Then we can discuss this sort of issue :rolleyes:

I don't drink, I'm crazy anyway  :lol:

Well. It have happen that I have tasted. Last time was over 20 years ago  :)

(I don't expect such as my earlier text will happen, Filipinos aren't good at protesting, I wrote "if"  .)

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Not to worry guys.....(those of you with brand new cars that is :lol: ) In the paper today, in true Filipino fasion, the MMDA says that its traffic enforcers (street cops) will be told not to enforce the new regulation as being Unchristian and possibly unconstitutional. So if you were worried about them actually doing their job and enforce the traffic laws, now they have a legal excuse not to. :dance:  :1 (103):

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Not to worry guys.....(those of you with brand new cars that is :lol: ) In the paper today, in true Filipino fasion, the MMDA says that its traffic enforcers (street cops) will be told not to enforce the new regulation as being Unchristian and possibly unconstitutional. So if you were worried about them actually doing their job and enforce the traffic laws, now they have a legal excuse not to. :dance:  :1 (103):

Just about sums up law enforcement here.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

So they will only be unchristian to all people with old cars?...   :)

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
So they will only be unchristian to all people with old cars?...

From what I understand (according to our insurance lady who does our registration and stuff) the new plates only applies to new cars. I keep asking the question if I get new plates for my ole beater and keep getting a no and am told not to worry about it. Car is currently registered with current stamp. So if I get pulled over, arrested and car confiscated I will let everyone know (as soon as I get out of prison, and can walk or take a tricycle to the nearest internet café that is :tiphat: )