Question On Exiting After 5 Months...

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Ok I do plan on asking at immigration - but they are closed most of the week.  This country has more holidays than it has squatters...

My wife and I are planning a weekend to Singapore and getting a BB stamp on my reentry.  Then, filing for a 13a.

I have lived here for 2 years, on extended tourist visa, and am on my 2nd ACR-I card.   I just went back to the US in Oct for a visit.   I have been back for almost 5 months so I know I do not need an ECC to leave.  But my ACR card expired last week.

Do you know if I need an updated card?  It sure would be a waste of p5,000 just to renew the card.  Also waiting for the new card would probably put me over the 6 month time period and then I would need an ECC... 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Tuka,,,before I got my 13A I was on a BB Visa for two years, (left once). When the ACR card system came in last year, I was told that I did not need an ACR Card while on a BB Visa. Once I returned though I had to wait 6 months to get my 13A visa. Needed to be in the country for 6 months before getting NBI clearance. So by my understanding and what I was told, since you have recently married and plan on using the BB Visa you wont need to get the ACR.

But we all know how things are interpreted at different offices lol

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Do you know if I need an updated card?

I have never been asked for it at the airport when leaving and I have left on an expired ACR card many times (more than 3 and less than 10 but cannot remember exact number of times).  Your experience will be unique as is everyone's here.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I figured since I do not need an ECC since I have only been in country 5 months that I would not need the ACR.    No one at the airport seems to care about the card anyway...

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I would say that you do not need the ACR-I card anymore since you do not need it to leave and you do not need it after when you get your BB visa when you return.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I concur. No need for the ACR-I card.

Have fun in Singapore. Great place to visit on vacation.

At the airport you can get a 3 day tourist pass for mass transit and buses. Only needed a taxi a few times. 

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
At the airport you can get a 3 day tourist pass for mass transit and buses.

Good to know!  Thanks  :tiphat:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

The only time I use my ACR card is for ID when transferring money from the UK. I have never been asked for it at an airport.

Petey
Posted
Posted

The ACR-i card is really only seen as a form of identity, nothing more. I used mine to obtain a bank account here with my Passport and drivers licence from my home country.  Also i was told that police, NBI, BI etc may request to see it at anytime. Best to keep it to hand. I have my 13A Amendment Residency Visa and i beleve that my ACR-i card is classed as a yearly Tax - or so i was told. This needs to be renewed yearly.

My father was here for 16 months ( was an issue in him leaving seeing we didn't know - at that time RE: ECC ). He was never asked for his ACR-i card on exit or re-entry to Philippines.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
   I just went back to the US in Oct for a visit.   I have been back for almost 5 months so I know I do not need an ECC to leave

Did you complete the ARP (Alien Registration Program).  I heard from another member here that he was not allowed to leave until he had completed this.  Everyone who is here longer than 2 months is supposed to do it but the BI has been incredibly busy for the last few months so many of us have not got 'er dun yet.

ALIEN REGISTRATION PROGRAM (ARP) FORMS