Vpn Recommendation

william_c
Posted
Posted

Hello,

New here, will be moving to PI next week. Butuan City and later Cebu.

Need to select a VPN that you folks have found to be reliable, reasonably priced and provide multiple simultaneous use while providing good torrent bandwidth.

Recommendations appreciated.

William

jon1
Posted
Posted

I was using Hide My Ass but now have switched over to Private Internet Access . 

I switched as HMA was timing out or disconnecting on me. So for PIA is working well for me.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I also use Private Internet Access.  Really good so far.  I was with Vyper but had security issues...     PIA is like $35 a year and has no registration information.  You can pay with a store gift card and they will never ask your name or any personal info.  Good privacy.

Wrye83
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Need to select a VPN that you folks have found to be reliable, reasonably priced and provide multiple simultaneous use while providing good torrent bandwidth.

William

If you have access to a web server you can ssh into it and use it as a proxy. I have found that using my server as a proxy is much fast that HMA....or really any other VPN/proxy. Almost completely undetectable by anyone trying to block VPN or proxy services (I'm in the middle east and they hate VPNs), not that that is an issue in the Philippines though. 

• Like 1

Petey
Posted
Posted

I play a lot of Warcraft, and when the new game came...... long story short.

The download client would no longer accept my Globe mobilebroadband, had to have a fixed line - which i didn't have. So i used Cyberghost5 VPN.

Download - install - start. No subscription fee ( at the time of downloading IIRC November last year ).

Only downside is when you first try to connect with it there is advert to prompt you to buy the full version, or there is a queue listing. Generally it takes about 30 seconds before you can connect.

• 2 weeks later...
Shol
Posted
Posted (edited)

I use Hide.me only the non paid so far it's great

Petey - World of warcraft ? I play that also only just built a new system.  What toon/server you play on be cool to have some local friends here :)

Edited by Shol

• 3 months later...
Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I'm using proxpn for $50 a year I think. Works well but having issues when using Android lollipop. Great on my laptop's though.

jon1
Posted
Posted
I'm in the middle east and they hate VPNs

As am I for the last couple of months. I loaded the OpenVPN client on my router (after flashing it with Merlin) and now any of my devices that connect to my router are automatically accessing via VPN. So far I have not had any connection issues and am using the Netherlands as my VPN gateway (had the highest throughput outside of the US https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/network/). I have been getting 20MB throughput with VPN on a normal 80MB connection. I am sure that this would be much lower from the Philippines as the WAN connections are slower...

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Hello,

William

If you have access to a web server you can ssh into it and use it as a proxy.

I have a dedicated server running centos and plesk. I would love to set up a VPN on it but not effect the sites I'm hosting. I would love some instructions on how to do so.

Thanks!

Dolby
Posted
Posted

As I was searching for VPN solution for using Netflix I stumbled upon SmartDNS technology.

It's cheaper, faster and pretty much does the same thing. I have been using it for a year now .... for free ;)

If you insist on VPN, PIA was a good candidate..

• Like 1