Baguio City - 100 Years To Now

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Thanks for posting this.  I now have a visual of the Baguio that my wife remembers from the 70's.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

That was very interesting!  At the end, You Tube has suggestions and this one of a flight to Baguio airport was also interesting!

Here is a picture from the middle of that runway when I drove across it in February.

post-1784-0-20392800-1428230329_thumb.jp

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Baguio will always provide me with fond memories. One of the most awesome was the year my father gave me signing privileges at the Baguio Country Club. The idea that I could just sign for bowling, food and candies without it affecting my limited allowance was mind boggling. We could eat and go bowling at Camp John Hay, but always accompanied by an adult. This was different. A 12 year old could sign! It was the equivalent of driving a car.

• Like 3

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Here is a picture from the middle of that runway when I drove across it in February.

I don't know when they cancelled flights, but we flew in to Baguio in 1998.  My wife was astounded to see that there were houses on the side of the runway!  She said that when she used to go to Loakan, there was only one structure - the Ruff Inn.

• Like 1