Hong Kong Disneyland Advice Needed

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Singapore was our first choice for this school summer vacation but we found out the friends we would stay with will be in India until June, so now we are planning Singapore for late October.

We rethought Hong Kong Disneyland.  I think we will postpone until the baby girl is a bit older and can actually enjoy it more.  Our 10 year old is also scared of most rides so hopefully when she is 12 or so she will go on some rides.  Not much use in going to Disneyland if you are not going to go on most of the rides.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Our 10 year old is also scared of most rides

I did notice that you are changing your mind but I wanted to point out that the rides in Hong Kong Disney are so tame they are boring.  The rides at Ocean Park are more thrilling but it is a long train and bus ride from Disneyland.

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted

150k peso for 5 days, sir  I can live like a king anywhere in the world for that

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
150k peso for 5 days, sir  I can live like a king anywhere in the world for that

Good for you.  Does that include your filipina partner, airfare, hotels and shopping?  I know people who can do that trip for less, I know those who can do it for much more, and the majority of people I associate with spend about the same as I have mentioned.  As for living like a king on that much, I suspect our ideals of 'kingship' differ greatly.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I'm not even sure I could figure out how to spend that much in 5 days!  but it might be fun to try...  But yeah, we all have different tastes and standards  :tiphat:

jpbago
Posted
Posted
When I used to take the gf to Hong Kong for 5 days I budgeted between 100K and 150K pesos depending on how tight money was.

This must have been before the stock market crash of 2008.

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Very true sir, very easy to spend money. You can stay at the Marina Bay Sands for $600 plus a night, at the Big Hotel for $86 a night. All in which a man prefers, me I prefer the Marina Bay my pocket book prefers the Big Hotel. I did enjoy Singapore very much, and for my filipino gf it was here first time, on a airplane, first time outside the country, hahaha she didnt evan want to leave the hotel room the first night we were there.HAHA Then we get back to Manila and less than half way to where we are going the taxi runs out of propane (lpg) and we have to push it to the garage hahaha.  No fuel guage, not lpg inspection stamp, not Singapore, not Canada, it's more fun in the philippines 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Our 10 year old is also scared of most rides

I did notice that you are changing your mind but I wanted to point out that the rides in Hong Kong Disney are so tame they are boring.  The rides at Ocean Park are more thrilling but it is a long train and bus ride from Disneyland.

Here is Subic we have a small carnival during the holiday season.  She will do the bump cars, ferris wheel and once a small up and down circular thing.  Everything else is too scary!  I hope she will get some guts soon because I love roller coasters, etc.

Turns out I may do a recon trip to Disney.  Our Singapore trip will be just after my 3 years of tourist extensions is up, so I will need to do a visa run.  I can do round trip to HKG for about p3700, spend the day at Disney, and go home same night!  Not excited about going to Disneyland by myself but it beats sitting in the airport.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I recall that plane tickets (Air Asia, from Clark) were about 42,000 pesos for the three of us. Taxis to and from Clark used up another 7000, and of course there was Departure Tax, etc., as well.

Entry to Disney was 700HK$ for an adult.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well we looked at YouTube videos of Universal (Singapore) and Disney (Hong Kong).  My wife decided on Disney.  We just booked our flights and hotel.  Leaving next week  Hoping to get my BB stamp on the way back in    :tiphat: