Hong Kong Disneyland Advice Needed

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
This must have been before the stock market crash of 2008.

No, but it was before I realized I had to cut back my budget due to that crash.  I have gone to Hong Kong by myself for less but filipinas have a knack for helping me spend money.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I recall that plane tickets (Air Asia, from Clark) were about 42,000 pesos for the three of us. Taxis to and from Clark used up another 7000, and of course there was Departure Tax, etc., as well.

Entry to Disney was 700HK$ for an adult.

Maybe it is seasonal but Disney prices have gone down.  (Or was your ticket a 2 day pass?)  1 day adult is 499 HKD and child 3-11 355.  2 day adult is 680,

If you are patient you can get a good air ticket price too.  2 days ago you could get Clark to HKG or SIN later in the year for p1000 + fees each way.  That's is gone but you can still get HKG for p1299 + fees each way.  It will cost me about p3700 round trip if I decide to go in July.

Funny coincidence.  I met the Filipino dad of one of my daughter's classmates today.  He is a seaman and his last port before he flew home in early March was Los Angeles.  He had 3 days there so he went to Disneyland and Universal Studios!